Slime tire pump ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddysbike

Reaction score
I want to keep one of these with me since I tend to get at least one flat/yr.

My ? is I have the battery tender and Gerbings leads connected to the bike. Can I use one of these for the Slime? or will I have to do somthing about the fuse? if so what?

Thanks,

Steve

I want to keep one of these with me since I tend to get at least one flat/yr.My ? is I have the battery tender and Gerbings leads connected to the bike. Can I use one of these for the Slime? or will I have to do somthing about the fuse? if so what?

Thanks,

Steve
The Gerbings lead comes with a 15amp fuse and will work great. You will need to get a male pant adapter pigtail to go from the Gerbings connection to the Slime connection. The battery tender can also connect using this same pigtail so you can get rid of the Battery Tender lead. The Battery tender lead comes with a 10amp fuse and will probably not hold up to the slime compressor. (Slime compressor is rated at 10amps)

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to keep one of these with me since I tend to get at least one flat/yr.My ? is I have the battery tender and Gerbings leads connected to the bike. Can I use one of these for the Slime? or will I have to do somthing about the fuse? if so what?

Thanks,

Steve
The Gerbings lead comes with a 15amp fuse and will work great. You will need to get a male pant adapter pigtail to go from the Gerbings connection to the Slime connection. The battery tender can also connect using this same pigtail so you can get rid of the Battery Tender lead. The Battery tender lead comes with a 10amp fuse and will probably not hold up to the slime compressor. (Slime compressor is rated at 10amps)
I use the Slime's leads from the battery for my battery tender also...

Im still looking for my spare tire, not sure where yamaha mounted it on the FEEEjr, :rolleyes:

I wont ride with out my slime pump and sticky plugs too... i got stuck to out in the middle of know where and had a hole in the tire and no pump..it only takes once..

Thanks,

Steve
Won't the connector included with the Slime as shown here work with the Gerbing I have connected to my battery or am I still missing something?

40001_contents_lg.jpg

Or is this what I need?

CXCA.jpg

Thanks,

Steve
Won't the connector included with the Slime as shown here work with the Gerbing I have connected to my battery or am I still missing something?

40001_contents_lg.jpg

Or is this what I need?

CXCA.jpg
My Gerbings plug is a coax type plug and my Slime & battery tender have the SAE. I needed the adapter to make it work for both.

My Gerbings plug is a coax type plug and my Slime & battery tender have the SAE. I needed the adapter to make it work for both.

You're right. I haven't used my Gerbings much or in a while and I just checked the connector on the bike. I was thinking it was like the battery tender SAE but its the coax so I'll need the Gerbing adapter pictured above I guess.

I head out on a 4 day trip next week so I'll order it now.

Thanks,

Steve

You're right. I haven't used my Gerbings much or in a while and I just checked the connector on the bike. I was thinking it was like the battery tender SAE but its the coax so I'll need the Gerbing adapter pictured above I guess.

I head out on a 4 day trip next week so I'll order it now.

Thanks,

Steve
You can usually find them at your local Harley dealer for $6.00. Most Harley dealers usually carry a large supply of Gerbings stuff.