Slow Clutch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:

I was having trouble down shifting my new "left over" 2011 FJR. Never had that trouble with my 2005 FJR. Suspected something with the clutch, did a search and found this thread. After reading I decided my bike had a "Sticking Clutch" and since it is still under warranty I contacted the closest Yamaha dealer. Explaned my suspicions and ask if they would take a look at it( Not the same dealer I purchased the bike from) and they said they would. Took it in last Monday and picked it up on Friday. The service manager told me Yamaha authorized a clutch plate soak under warranty. He also told me Yamaha even called him back and told him to also change the clutch fluid and bleed the clutch. After riding the last three days I can say the clutch now works perfect. I just want to say thanks to this Forum for all the great informatiom.
Guess this about says it all. Are we going to get a recall? :angry:
NO YAMAHA RECALL ON STICKY CLUTCH THOUGH YAMAHA IS AWARE OF UNIVERSAL PROBLEM (per Yamaha dealership in So-Cal who wants to charge $225 for a soaking). Talk about getting soaked. No longer fun riding the FJR when it stalls repeatedly at start up, at a light, stop signs,etc until it warms up. Even after highway riding, downshifting is a challenge on this beast with only 5K on new clutch installed at dealership (& yes after a clutch soak). I hope people read these posts before considering any new FJR, unless they don't mind taking apart their clutch basket instead of getting out there and ride.

I hope people read these posts before considering any new FJR, unless they don't mind taking apart their clutch basket instead of getting out there and ride.
I sure hope you didn't expect to pay $13,00 to $15,000 dollars for a new moto and expect it to be worth a crap, did you???