Slow Leak Detection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
Sept. 9 2005 at 7:00am departing Woodland Ca. to tour the p n w. as I was gathering my stuff to take, i have been concerned about flat tires, so, I have the std. repair kit loaded and ready to go. Than I resd where onr rider took along a small spray bottle for slow leak detection, I guess soap and water ? I have some slow leak a/c refrigerate detection that will find the slowest of all leaks. I used it on my concours front shock it worked like a charm. so I will be taking this ,not a bad idea to take and have as a standard item and carry with you at all times. what do you think ?

WR,

Aren't the A/C refrigerant leak sniffers calibrated to smell gas/freon leaks?

I don't think plain old air is going to set off the sensor, otherwise, it would go off all of the time.

***Do the HAKA mate it might work! ***

Will be watching your boys face the Haka on Saturday. Don't let me down.

Howard

Haka.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howardrq thew leak detection is a liquid and you use it in a spray bottle . It is a hundres times more better than soap and water. It has nothing to do with electronic sniffers. It is sold at refergeration supply houses. it is great stuff for finding slow slow slow leaks spray it on no matter how slow the leak is and a bubble will start expanding and bingo there is your leak. I do not think haka with the sheep will work :haha: :haha: :haha: