slow speed handling

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put 38 psi in front and 42 in the back. I’m going to try a little more pressure in the front. I tried flipping the two up switch in the back and noticed that it got worse, that why I thought it was suspension. after the pressure experiment, I’m going to experiment with more preload in the front.

thanks for the replies

I put 38 psi in front and 42 in the back. I’m going to try a little more pressure in the front. I tried flipping the two up switch in the back and noticed that it got worse, that why I thought it was suspension. after the pressure experiment, I’m going to experiment with more preload in the front.

thanks for the replies
Now your getting to it, Test and retest.

I have a 3 mile loop I do from my home, got some good tight twisties and sweepers, some smooth spots, rough breaking and accelerration bumps, just a good mix. I make adjustments to the suspension and ride the loop for a test.

You have to ride the same exact stuff over and over to get a clear picture of what your suspension is doing. Then make an adjustment, and go test it.

This is the only way to know the differances that even a small change in compression, rebound and your preloads make on your bike while you ride it.

Make sure your stock settings are at least correct. I have heard of people actually having one fork set soft on comp. and the other set hard (stiffer). Now thats gotta feel strange!