Smartire ... anybody use it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue,

If you find one, let me know... that's the best I could find so far... Oooh... somebody should get Smartire to be a sponsor for WFO/NFO in July and give some of these puppies away as door prizes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE(toecutter @ May 3 2006, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Groo @ May 3 2006, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where'd you mount the readout Toe?
It's sitting atop the clutch reservoir, on a little rubber wedge that was once a door stop, angled up to make reading easier.
Here's an alternative mounting location:

IMG_3051a.jpg

This keeps any alert nearer your line of sight, and allows convenient power cable routing down either windscreen track.

Cheers!

I like the mount above the speedo... :thumbsup:

I'm checking to see if Gary McCoy sells them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Unless he doesn't carry it, Gary M. almost always has the lowest prices on ANYTHING for a motorcycle. I just ordered one from him... ~$164 plus shipping, so $170 total. No group buy necessary... that's $30 cheaper than you can find it anywhere else. :yahoo:

+1 for Gary McCoy

$160 ish (don't recall exact price), I added it to my R1 shift lever order.

Now to burn through the new set of tires I installed last month so I can install this baby

I wonder if Gary sells a smart tire system for my cage? Hmmm

i've gone through lots of tire changes without problem. all by the same guy who installed it. i have mine wired into the turn signal so i get an alert in corners. it took me an embarassing length of time to figure out that my preassure or temps were not getting critical when i leaned into corners. that's only a 4 on my stupid scale. i'd never tell you guys anything higher than a 6.

derek