• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Smartire TPMS system for sale new.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff in MN

Reaction score
New in box Smartire TPMS system for sale, $90 shipped...Jeff 612-865-4714

Smart%203_zpshoebyhuu.jpg
Smart%201_zpspi7ralik.jpg
Smart%202_zpsood8cgzy.jpg

Great price on a wonderful unit. I'm just now installing a "new" SmarTire system on my FJR, and time will tell the remaining battery life on these "new" sensors.

Frickin' Bendix!

You will be surprised, the sensors will not turn on until they are under pressure and moving so there is no way for them to turn on until installed.

You will be surprised, the sensors will not turn on until they are under pressure and moving so there is no way for them to turn on until installed.
True, they certainly won't turn on until installed.

But what I was referring to was that all batteries have an inherent self-discharge rate, however small, even when they're disconnected. And although a newly manufactured battery will have a given design capacity, I would expect it to have a reduced remaining capacity after sitting on the shelf and self-discharging for years.

But I'm hopeful. The sensors on the original unit I installed years ago lasted around six or seven seasons, IIRC.

Modern batteries have at least a 10 year shelf life. You should be fine.