Smokies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpm

Reaction score
I going to do a mini tour from Cinci to Anderson, SC to see my sister. Plan on riding the Smokies on the way down and back. Its been many years since I rode that way. Not going to do Deals Gap. First day is to Maryville, TN and then on to Anderson. I have a little extra time. Any can't miss areas ? I will take the usual stuff (tire kit, tools) and clothes.

If you have time swing by the Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, NC. Awesome collection of motorcycles, one of the best private collections in the world.

cherohala skyway is great, foothills parkway to gatlinburg is nice, 28 over to franklin and dryfalls is really nice

The SKY WAY is hot . I rate it over the gap .Pretty sure it 36 miles one way will have to look around a bit i am only living in nc for 3 years .So i think another 7 to 13 years and i will know my way around a bit more .

Highway 28 is awesome from just below the dragon and cherohala throught highlands, NC taking you inot Walhalla, SC. Depending on which side of Anderson you're going, you could either continue on via hwy 11 to 28 or 123 to 76. Avoid gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area- traffic I hear is crappy nowadays.