Smooth delivery in MN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ_MN

Reaction score
Picked up my shiney new bike last night. One more female FJR Owner to add ot the list. Have only sat on the FJR's, never ridden so I was quite nervous to drive away. I guess being a women, and having a few guys stand around just makes me think that I would drop it or something. My husband made me drive her around the block before we would leave, helped cool my nerves. Once I put my helmet on and drove away I was in love. This bike is everything I've been looking for.

What a dream!

Now I have no clue how to post pics, but here are some links.

https://www.azoomm.com/Pics/Aimee/DSC00432.jpg ( a little blurry, sorry bout that)

https://www.azoomm.com/Pics/Aimee/Home.jpg

Aimee

Congrats :clap:

I will have to go by my dealer today for an update. Hopefully they will have good news for me.

Picked up my shiney new bike last night. One more female FJR Owner to add ot the list. Have only sat on the FJR's, never ridden so I was quite nervous to drive away.  I guess being a women, and having a few guys stand around just makes me think that I would drop it or something.  My husband made me drive her around the block before we would leave, helped cool my nerves.  Once I put my helmet on and drove away I was in love.  This bike is everything I've been looking for.
What a dream!

Now I have no clue how to post pics, but here are some links.

DSC00432.jpg

( a little blurry, sorry bout that)

Home.jpg

Aimee

Howzabout I edit your post so we don't have to clickee to see?

Ahhhhhh.....that's better.

By the way what is that sitting next to your FJR?

I'm fairly color blind, so I have trouble putting names to colors. That looks like gold or lime green to me. Whatinhell is it? :)

It's a Kawasaki ZX12, that's what my husband rides. We used to be a all green family with a green ZX9, and green ZX12, but now we have wandered away from that brand. At least the blue and green look nice together.

Thanks Howie for posting the pics!

AJ

I'm fairly color blind, so I have trouble putting names to colors.  That looks like gold or lime green to me.  Whatinhell is it?  :)
This from a guy with

I love my FJR.  My ZRX hates it.  :)  
in his sig.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Kawasaki ZX12, that's what my husband rides.  We used to be a all green family with a green ZX9, and green ZX12, but now we have wandered away from that brand.  At least the blue and green look nice together.
Thanks Howie for posting the pics!

AJ
I THOUGHT that was Kawasaki green, having one of these

rex.jpg

parked next to this guy

fjr.jpg

Like I said, my colorblindness hinders my identification of colors, hence my hesitance to put a label on your ZX.

BTW, posting pics is a breeze. Just get the web address where your pics are located, for instance https://www.azoomm.com/Pics/Aimee/Home.jpg, click the IMG button at the top of the posting page and put your web address in the popup box

pix.jpg

Click "OK" and you're done!

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy. :)

I'm fairly color blind, so I have trouble putting names to colors.  That looks like gold or lime green to me.  Whatinhell is it?  :)
This from a guy with

I love my FJR.  My ZRX hates it.   :)   
in his sig.... :D
Hey!!!

I resemble that remark!!!

:haha: :****:

Beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing. I feel the need....the need for speed!!!
Drive safe!!!
Well, I normally don't let strangers ride Rex, but if you're ever in Central Florida, look me up. Sure you could handle all that Kawasaki speed?

:D

Hey AJ, who did you get your FJR from and whereabouts do you live? I picked mine up last Saturday from Larsons Cycle in Cambridge. I live in Savage.

Heinen's in Osseo, live in Maple Grove, so just a few miles to get to the shop if we ever need it. Kinda shopped the few bike shops in the northern suburbs, and found this shop. Don't know much about Yamaha shops in the cities, always open for opinions good or bad. We probably will do most service if we can, but you never know.

Looks like your sidecases were delivered with the bike ,that's good news for us guys that have to travel home after pickup. Good luck! :clap:

Welcome AJ. I'm in Elk River. I have an '05. I bought it from Motoprimo, but I've had excellent service from Moon Motors in Monticello.

My other bike is a Victory. Heinen's used to be a Victory dealer also and had a poor reputation among Victory owners. Maybe they are better with Yamaha products though. The rumors were that they lost their Victory dealership because they were playing games with warranty work. (just a rumor, I don't know for sure).

Lee

Welcome AJ. I'm in Elk River. I have an '05. I bought it from Motoprimo, but I've had excellent service from Moon Motors in Monticello.
My other bike is a Victory. Heinen's used to be a Victory dealer also and had a poor reputation among Victory owners. Maybe they are better with Yamaha products though. The rumors were that they lost their Victory dealership because they were playing games with warranty work. (just a rumor, I don't know for sure).

Lee
We didn't even look at Motoprimo for this bike, but did look at a few Ducati's there. Seemed like a great shop (at least the one in Minneapolis) but just a far drive for regular maintenance. Thanks for the heads up, will watch them very closely if we ever do use them.

AJ