Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlingBling

Reaction score
I have a smuggler on my FJR. One night while I was leaving my friends house in the country I opened my smggler to get my glass and gloves out. It was dark and I was searching around inside the box in the dark. I sure needed some ight in the trunk and started thinking about how this could be done. While at the auto parts store yesterday I noticed LED strips with a on-off button on them. I realized that they were working off 9Volt batteries. What a deal a light strip with battery and a switch for 19 bucks. I created a small box for the switch and to hold the battery and the light strip comes with stick tape. No holes and not hooked up to the bike battery. It works great.

Good ideas all. I recently started carrying some 12-hr. light sticks to leave in the trunk or side cases when traveling at night & such areas need to be accessed often.

I have a smuggler on my FJR. One night while I was leaving my friends house in the country I opened my smggler to get my glass and gloves out. It was dark and I was searching around inside the box in the dark. I sure needed some ight in the trunk and started thinking about how this could be done. While at the auto parts store yesterday I noticed LED strips with a on-off button on them. I realized that they were working off 9Volt batteries. What a deal a light strip with battery and a switch for 19 bucks. I created a small box for the switch and to hold the battery and the light strip comes with stick tape. No holes and not hooked up to the bike battery. It works great.
That new hardware/tool store across the nation (I do not know the name off hand) has been running these coupons for a FREE small LED flashlight. The flashlight is really small but bright so I keep it in my smuggler. Of course, in the dark, you have to find the flashlight. Your post gave me the thought of velcroing it to the lid so that it is right there to turn on pointing down into the smuggler. Maybe I will try it.