So I found Patriot's inspiration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
While wandering around another forum somewhere I came across this picture. OK, it's a car, but it has to be the inspiration for Patriot's bike! I'm sure he has this in poster size hanging somewhere at his house.

OTOH, I don't think the FJR stator is up to the task. . . . . .

297r7a.jpg

Ya know.. Since Patriot is away, I suggest we all pack it in an' head down to Nawlins, an trash his place :lol: Spill beer,eat his food, drink all his beer, bust some stuff... You know, have a good time at his expense :yahoo:

:jester:

He is at home..He is having a tough time right now. His bike is down with possible timing chain issues. Went to his house and installed a new tensioner but it will not start. Hope all it needs is a chain..

He is at home..He is having a tough time right now. His bike is down with possible timing chain issues. Went to his house and installed a new tensioner but it will not start. Hope all it needs is a chain..

Dood! Yer jokin' right? Man that sucks!!

Party off fellas..

Hey Mike, sorry to hear of this shit man... :(

Im hoping to get his bike over here to my garage soon and tear into it....Sorry for the thread highjack..

Im hoping to get his bike over here to my garage soon and tear into it....Sorry for the thread highjack..
Well that just sucks :(

Hey Never ever apologize for a thread Hijack... Believe me ;) You do that and some "indoor boy" like Bluesman will invite ya over for tea an' crumpets.. Then he'll wanna show ya his new "liberty bodice" or some other piece of seductive "undergarment".. ;)

Well that just sucks :(

Hey Never ever apologize for a thread Hijack... Believe me ;) You do that and some "indoor boy" like Bluesman will invite ya over for tea an' crumpets.. Then he'll wanna show ya his new "liberty bodice" or some other piece of seductive "undergarment".. ;)

Stay out my drawers! perv!

Well Jeff that is sure throwing cold water on this thread. It is kind of hard to pick on a guy while his FJR is sick. I still must admit that when I saw it I could not help but laugh. I met Patriot at SFO and he does have a few things on that rig. Patriot I sure hope you get it running again soon and without too big a dip in the billfold.

This I did not know or I wouldn't have picked now to pick on him. Probably.

Are you sure that's not Mike's cage?? Wouldn't surprise me....

:blink:

And Mike - I hope you get your bike up and running soon! EOM is far approaching... :yahoo:

RadioHowie and I wish Mike a successful compression test and that all the PSI's are present and accounted for. If the PSIs are missing there isn't much other troubleshooting that needs to be done.

Hey gangrene, I'm laughing my ass off at this thread

Yep, skin thicker than cow hide...better be with all that crap hanging off my bike...'specially the fine example of a mounted air horn

btw, that does bring up the issue that I'm not at all impressed with that car...I don't believe it has a air horn mounted anywhere

'Course <inviting sympathy NOT> I'm sitting here in the middle of the night with a broken Central A/C in the deep south in Aug with two teen daughters I'm tempted to murder and day after day of insomnia with no bike to blow off steam on my traditional vampire rides through the central business district <well, that part may be a good thing others have told me>.

I'm mentally scraping by :rolleyes: and there presently are no firearms in the house to point at anyone <at this time> :yahoo:

let's <some of us who can> ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

and I'm very disappointed :angry: in the squashed lack of banter in this thread

pls carry on !!! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know.. Since Patriot is away, I suggest we all pack it in an' head down to Nawlins, an trash his place :lol: Spill beer,eat his food, drink all his beer, bust some stuff... You know, have a good time at his expense :yahoo:
cummon down Bust

I got some hound dawgs that live with me

They'll tree any creature that smells of sheep, fa sure...

<that'd boost my spirits to see that>

and ya think the Mizz is tough; my Italian wifey will knock ya on your ass if ya break one of her "Precious Moments"

:yahoo: