So I watched my wife take off today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Calimus

So my wife has been riding her SV650 for a little over 2 years. In the last year she's progressed in leaps and bounds in her riding skill to the point where she's keeping up with me in most of the twisties when we ride. Well, she's always joked about stealing my FJR so today when she got home from work, I put her on it. First was a ride up and down the street and then she took it for a short ride out in the asphalt jungle.

She came back grinning from ear to ear. I might have created a monster today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Monster?

Sounds like you have created justification for an 08 for yourself, and a gifting of the 05 to your wife.

Genius, if you ask me.

Monster?
Sounds like you have created justification for an 08 for yourself, and a gifting of the 05 to your wife.

Genius, if you ask me.
** I agree with WILD72... go getcha an '08.. detail out your '05 really nice... put a bow and ribbon around

it ... call the dealer and have them prep your new 08.. :yahoo: :clapping: :assassin:

You guys are great. I will say this-I've been in love with the darn thing since I saw it in the showroom. I sat guard on it until he could get there, and told him on the phone he HAD to buy it. ahhhh such fond memories, and I have been green with envy ever since.

The FJR is absolutely unbelievable. :dribble: There is nothing to not like about it...well, except the industrial hairdryer blowing on my shins. But everything else is purrrfect. The only drawback is I'm now going to have a hard time appreciating my SV. Of course, I can maybe sneak a few more rides on his FJR until I can get one of my own. Thanks for the thrill, hun.

OK congrats and all that on the wife wanting to ride an FJR and everything, but I got a question.... I hear of women liking the FJR and all but how in the heck dose a women (OR even a short guy) handel the height and weight of the FJR. I'm just currious, not meaning to sound like a sexist or anything. I've just always wonder this, and this seems like a good place to bring it up...Thanks for the info in advance.

Josh

Thanks to all for the ribbing :) I also see a second FJR in the stable at some point. Thankfully, I have a wife that not only enjoys tinkering on the cars with me, but also enjoys the bikes as well. Hey, talk about me being lucky, she changes her own oil and had me show her how to flush the brake lines on her SV. Considering I'm as fugly as it gets, yea, I'm a lucky SOB!

ok, Midnight Sun - in my wifes case, she's about average height (5'6"), but she's leggy :wub: . Her legs are almost as long as mine and I'm about 6' dead on balls. So with the rear spring set to soft, she's not flat footed, but touches enough to keep control of the bike. It also helps that she's no wussy girl. I've taken a few knocks from her and lets just say while there's no permenent damage, I was sore for a day or so after. I luv me a woman that can throw down if she needs to. So in her case, she about the perfect build for the bike. If the fjr was lowered about 1/2 an inch, it would be perfect, and I think there are some lowering links available (I'm sure I'll be finding out in the not too distant future). So, for a woman to ride, it helps if they have some strength, are a bit leggy and are willing to try out the front seat. It also helps that the FJR is pretty well balanced for it's size. Thats the first thing I noticed coming from a Vmax which is about as unbalance and ungainly as a bike gets I think.

Oh and Breanen, thanks for the links, guess what I've been listening to for the last 20min :p

Last edited:
My wife thinks the FJR is a crotch rocket with saddle bags...she won't get on to ride. She is riding a roadliner. I get to enjoy both bikes! :yahoo:

Thanks to all for the ribbing :)
Did you expect anything else? :)

I also see a second FJR in the stable at some point.
I'm lucky - mine's *way* too short to ever be able to "steal" my FJR. :) But she also has her own factory lowered BMW F800ST.

Thankfully, I have a wife that not only enjoys tinkering on the cars with me, but also enjoys the bikes as well. Hey, talk about me being lucky, she changes her own oil
Cool - could she come over and change mine?

Considering I'm as fugly as it gets, yea, I'm a lucky SOB!
You and me both!

in my wifes case, she's about average height (5'6"), but she's leggy :wub: . Her legs are almost as long as mine and I'm about 6' dead on balls.
Wow - yeah, legs help to ride an FJR. :)

I luv me a woman that can throw down if she needs to.
Mine's from Texas - no need for her to get physical. She has a carry permit and will just shoot you. Apparently, that's easier than fighting. :)