Socal to Golden

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it will be do-able all in one day if the heat is not too bad. Colorado friends tell me that the 70 is a good place to go make up some time. I will be checking on more alternate roads SouthEast of 70. Last time I rode the interstate 15 thru the gorge North of Las Vegas there were Radar Police all over, 6 of them to be exact.

Maybe it will be do-able all in one day if the heat is not too bad. Colorado friends tell me that the 70 is a good place to go make up some time. I will be checking on more alternate roads SouthEast of 70. Last time I rode the interstate 15 thru the gorge North of Las Vegas there were Radar Police all over, 6 of them to be exact.
I think of all the times I've been through the gorge I've seen only one officer, [email protected] you can emaile me to meet some time before NAFCO.

rogerfjrfaster :clapping:

So it looks like I will be leaving Torrance Tuesday morning (4ish). I plan on taking I15 to I70 and spending the night in Grand Junction maybe and heading into Golden early Wednesday.

I was going via Albuquerque but it appears there is construction on the 25, (can anyone confirm this?).

So if anyone wants me to take anything for them it needs to be here by Monday at the latest. As far as the return trip I will be blasting back to Las Vegas for Sunday night and then home on Monday.

Sunday night in Vegas anyone? Will be fun.......

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Should anyone wish to ride along for the run to Golden and back (leave Tuesday back Monday) let me know will have lots of room.

All i will say is that nervous passengers need not apply.

R

Should anyone wish to ride along for the run to Golden and back (leave Tuesday back Monday) let me know will have lots of room.
All i will say is that nervous passengers need not apply.

R
And that's an understatement, if what I've heard about Richard's driving is true. At least you'll get there FAAAASSSTTT!!!

We're leaving Sunday morning and taking a leisurely route to Golden, TBD one day at a time. Will probably head for St. George the first night then via Zion NP Monday.

After leaving Golden the following Sunday, we're spending a week at a condo in Vail.

Jill

"we're spending a week at a condo in Vail"

Be sure to check with the ski patrol - I have heard that the coverage might be a bit thin.

I have skied since I was eleven years old so I never really appreciated how steep even the beginner hills are until I went down a "green" run for the first time on a mountain bike. Scared the *&^% out of me. So, I agree, "a good thing, too."