Soft Luggage Tail Bracket System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcycle-ed

Reaction score
I hate this tail trunk thing. It seems as if it is always in the way, and what is left after removing it is not very suitable to mounting something else. I am thinking a soft tail pack with a vertical bracket type scheme similar to what you see on cruisers would work. That way it would be easily removable, yet the bracket would remain to bungee something to. The bike itself has virtually no bungee points. Anyone have any experience with a system that works on the FJR?????

Ed :unsure:

Ventura Rack & Soft Luggage System.... this is The Shit to have:

EnduranceK8-side.jpg

Damn Dale, You have a Hyabusa also? Do you have this rig on your FJR? I have seen this on Cal Sport Touring site, but no info and have never seen one up close.

Ed

I have one of Gary's mini racks with a detachable backrest like this;

P2260422.jpg

Along with a T-Bags helmet bag like this;

universal_helmet.gif

& they work great together. :)

Looks like a great solution for someone carrying a pillion...nobody ever rides with me, so the pillion backrest would be waste. I like Warchild's suggestion better for my needs.

Ed :yahoo:

The Mikeindustries luggage rack on ebay worked well for me with soft luggage.
Nelson Rigg has some really great soft luggage that can be used on a tail rack or on the pillion. Pretty flexable and good prices at www.newenough.com; but most (if not all of them) require some type of sissy rack to fasten them.

Gary's rack (with optional pillion back rest) and a Chase Harper Aeropac II.
GUNNY!

I have the famous Garauld rack. The backrest is optional and easily removed (my pillion rides occasionally, not daily or on long trips). I have a Nelson-Riggs bag on the rack and "over packing" allows me to put a regular duffle-bag on the pillion seat. The Garauld rack is exceptionally versatile; if you PM Garauld he can probably show you pictures of what he's built. I'm really happy with the 'standard' version.

NL-950 or 800 is the bag I have... it's really nice.

Happy hunting...

Ed, don't know what you decided to do but if you need spots to hook bungie cords, bungie buddies are your friends. I drilled holes in the middle of the area inside the handles when they are laying flat on each bag and put buddies there. Also put them on the top holes of the license plate bracket. I don't use them all the time but they are very handy when needed.

Thanks for the note on the Bungie Buddies, I have six of them mounted on the bike in various places. Just no way to secure stuff without them. You just have to be a bit careful with the ones mounted in bodywork so as not to overstress them, but it works out.

Ed