Soft Tail Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have suggestions on soft tail bag options that would fit on the stock tail rack?
I have a gen I , '05

Thanks B

My dad just bought a Triumph Thunderbird and he has no luggage yet (on order), so we went on a group ride and he bought a Cortech Sportbike Tail bag for 70 bucks. He had his rear seat off so i carried it for him. Stays put, hooks up easy and looks good on the bike. I kinda want one now.

I have no experience with this vendor but others like them:

https://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/tail_ba...e_tail_bag.html

2.jpg

..a third owner here. Well made, expandable side pockets, nice internal pouch in top and rain cover. A quality and useful rack bag.

That bag does look nice and functional.

I can give two thumbs up for NewEnough.com. I've made a number of purchases from Paul, and they have all been completely trouble-free, quick and painless. They are a class act all other online vendors should seek to emulate.

You can use them without any reservation or fear!

Don

I have the Cortech Sportbike Tail bag on an “08” and I love it.

Does anyone have any pictures of this cortech bag attached to their bikes? would like to see what it looks like on the bike thanks [email protected]
I don't have a picture, but I'll try to take one. It may not be timely.

It fits great and can act as a "kinda" back rest.

I use the bungy straps that come with it to mount it.

Easy on and easy off.

Don

Does anyone have any pictures of this cortech bag attached to their bikes? would like to see what it looks like on the bike thanks [email protected]

Easy on and easy off.

Don
Want to know if this cortech bag attaches to the rear seat area or to the rack behind the seat. I want to ride 2 up and still be able to carry a few things thanks

Easy on and easy off.

Don
Want to know if this cortech bag attaches to the rear seat area or to the rack behind the seat. I want to ride 2 up and still be able to carry a few things thanks
Mine is on the seat.

I've been using a Tourmaster bag but next I am going to find a drybag (like for kayaking) that's the right size and figure out a way to secure it.

I use a Fieldsheer bag... It expands and hold my laptop and lots of other stuff. It sits on a Garauld rack...I believe it is bigger than the sport bag shown.

DSC00075.jpg

I have the Kuryaykun Grand Tour bag and it sits on the stock tail rack. I have a pillion backrest and the HUGE velcro attachment strap wraps securely around that, and the semi rigid bottom of the bag has no problem resting squarely on the stock tail. This bag is ginormous and has great compartments. There is a strap that buckles through the grip bar at the back of the seat for piece of mind, but I have been at warp speed many times and that bag does not move... also sits well on the pillion seat in the opposite direction and is big enough that I can use it as a back rest for me when riding alone.

C

Easy on and easy off.

Don
It goes both ways! I am on a distance trip this weekend I will grab pics and post them monday.