• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Gen 1 auxiliary fuel tank - $300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
SOLD - going to north of the border. I bought this tank from FJRay with the ambition of installing it on old Grey back in May and putting on some mega miles. Wellll - that didn't work out and I actually never got close to installing it. Then when I fell in love with Ginger, my 14 ES in October, that sealed the fate of the tank. This tank installs very easily on a Gen 1 with two tabs in front fiittng into a frame crossmember and being locked down by the seat. The rear bracket slides into the passenger seat bracket and can be secured with two bolts. The tank easily fits within the stock passenger grab rail and also fits within a Give SR 346 top box rack. The capacity of the tank is approximately 4.6 gallons. The fuel line fitting is currently 1/4 inch which could be easily enlarged to 3/8 with the fittings supplies. Vent line is 1/8 inch fitting, which could be easily enlarged by switching to the other fitting on top of the tanks. I never got any farther then messing with the tank fittings, so what you get is the vent line, the shut off valve and fittings. You need to supply fuel line, bike tank fitting and quick disconnect if you desire. A nice cover containing several handy pockets installs over the tank and prevents water from getting into the exposed passenger area where the seat was.

I would like $300 plus shipping from zip 46307

Tank without cover

DSC01281.jpg

Mounting tabs on front

DSC01283.jpg

Mounting tab on rear with bolts partially installed

DSC01277.jpg

Fuel line shut off valve

DSC01278.jpg

Fill cap

DSC01285.jpg

Tank with cover

DSC01287.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't afford this, this side of Christmas, but if you still have it at Tax Rebate time (Feb), I'll give you the $300

Griff

"If" I could pee into it while on the fly, I'd buy it 2 Day. Unfortunately, my bladder won't let me go farther than a standard tank will hold so, best of luck in selling it to a bladder that can.

cheers,

I think the volume is a bit less than the 4.6 gallons. When I built it I wanted it IBA legal and it is baffled. It also gravity feeds just fine and with a little foan in the front pocket you have a dandy back rest. GLWS

I think the volume is a bit less than the 4.6 gallons. When I built it I wanted it IBA legal and it is baffled. It also gravity feeds just fine and with a little foan in the front pocket you have a dandy back rest. GLWS
Thanks for the clarification Ray on the volume . I had forgotten what you told me and I went from outside dimensions. Also forgot to mention the baffles.

Watch out.

The only time I went into Canada with that cell the customs guy just had to look inside it even though I had explained the concept of the fuel cell. When he looked inside and saw the baffle he had to ask what was on the other side of it . My answer "more gas" wasn't considered funny.
smile.png

Watch out.

The only time I went into Canada with that cell the customs guy just had to look inside it even though I had explained the concept of the fuel cell. When he looked inside and saw the baffle he had to ask what was on the other side of it . My answer "more gas" wasn't considered funny.
smile.png
No problem now. I took the baffle out. jk But I should probably take those joke radiation stickers off of it
smile.png