• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Original Owner 2005 FJR ABS Model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essjayarr

Reaction score
I am seriously considering selling my '05 FJR ABS model. I am the original owner and have taken meticulous car of this motorcycle. Always Amsoil and Purolator filters following the 800 mile service.

Presently about 17k miles on the odometer.

Lots of extras. Corbin seats and backrest. These seats are not even broken in yet and are like new. I rode the bike for quite a few miles with another Corbin prior to this set. Also have the Corbin Smuggler and the factory trunk which was used only a handful of times. Motorcycle Larry highway pegs, BMW style powerlet mounted near glovebox, Throttlemeister bar ends, ram mount for GPS or other access., frame sliders (just in case), replaced battery and tires.

This bike looks close to new and needs nothing. I'm only considering selling because I rarely ride it anymore, only 700 miles last season.

I've bought two convertible sports cars since owning this bike. The wife and I almost always gravitate to one of the cars for our recreational rides.

My one and only NO HAGGLE price is $6000. My hope is I get someone close enough who can come and see the motorcycle in person.

I'm not in a big hurry to sell it. It is in storage inside a Motojacket with 5lbs of dessicant as it always is during the winter months.

I would be willing to store it for a buyer until spring if need be.

Call Steve if seriously interested.

Cell 339-987-7033

Sounds like a very reasonable price you're asking for Steve. I've got nearly 165K on my '05 now, and I know all too well how reliable the '05 platform is. I want to wait until I hit the venerable 200K mark before I get another FJR, and I don't know if it'll be a new model or another '05 ABS.

For anyone not too sure about ST riding, this bike would be the perfect one to start with. Almost new condition and reliable as heck AND for not too much $$$.

GLWS

Sounds like a very reasonable price you're asking for Steve. I've got nearly 165K on my '05 now, and I know all too well how reliable the '05 platform is. I want to wait until I hit the venerable 200K mark before I get another FJR, and I don't know if it'll be a new model or another '05 ABS.
For anyone not too sure about ST riding, this bike would be the perfect one to start with. Almost new condition and reliable as heck AND for not too much $$$.

GLWS
Thanks for the endorsement TripperMike. Anything less and I just won't sell it. The value of the bike(bang for the buck) is much more than the what the market is right now.

If someone from Massachusetts buys it, maybe they can somehow get my personalized plate to go with it, "YAMHA" I've had that plate for many years now going back to my 2001 Roadstar. I didn't want anyone mistaking that bike for a Harley.

Sure, sure... show up on here with your garage queen '05 (the best year before '14) when it is time to ditch it because "it's not getting used".

If you had just been a bit more communicative earlier in your ownership we would have enticed you to join in on some of the local NERDS fun that causes most of our odometers to spin like the one-armed bandits in Vegas, but you sure as hell have a lot more fun in the process.

It isn't too late. Yeah, side by side seating in a 4 wheel roadster has its advantages, but so does the fore and aft seating on a bike. If you still have the bike in the spring, keep an eye out for FJR stuff going on in New England. There are other guys down in your 'hood that make it to the hoopty doos. And they sure seem to enjoy themselves.

If you had just been a bit more communicative earlier in your ownership we would have enticed you to join in on some of the local NERDS fun that causes most of our odometers to spin like the one-armed bandits in Vegas, but you sure as hell have a lot more fun in the process.
It isn't too late. Yeah, side by side seating in a 4 wheel roadster has its advantages, but so does the fore and aft seating on a bike. If you still have the bike in the spring, keep an eye out for FJR stuff going on in New England. There are other guys down in your 'hood that make it to the hoopty doos. And they sure seem to enjoy themselves.
Surely one of the NERDS has a friend who would like to get started in the ST scene? Oh did I mention the bike comes with a full tank of premium fuel? :)

I know a couple that have about worn their old ones out from too many miles. Maybe one of them would bite?
unsure.png
Beats doing what I did and switching generations so that nothing fits anymore.
sadsmiley.gif

I can say that the '05ABS is one hell of a fine bike. I am 100% certain whoever buys yours will be ecstatic. Best of luck with the sale.

edit - Oh yeah. The FJR don't need no steenkin' premium fuel. This ain't no hoity-toity beemer, ya know? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention the bike is wired for heated clothing. The rider has a thermostat control mounted on the dash. The rear is wired with no control other than an off/on switch at the quick connect for the passenger to control. This connection also serves as the plug in for the battery tender. Battery Tender included with the sale. Oh yeah! It is also wired for satellite radio with a mount on the clutch reservoir for the radio and a magnetic base antenna.

That sounds like a sweet deal right there, essjayarr...

Well taken care of. And it comes with a Corbin seat, factory trunk, highway pegs, and a Smuggler!

GLWS!

Best of luck with sale....tough time a year...i have a similiar machine and love it, tried selling but found little interest except for praises on a nice machine...if you can wait 2 months or so i'm sure you will get what you want...glws

Bought my 05 ABS almost 5 years ago for 6500 (it was a lot newer in 2010). Had a Corbin seat and a Cee Baily windshield. Got 42k on it now and runnin' sweet.

Just about bulletproof. What a machine.

Worth every dime yer askin.' However it is the middle of winter which might slow down your responses. Tax returns should be rolling in about a month from now, which should help the "market" for ya.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks garyahouse. I've owned a half dozen or so bikes over the years. This one has been my overall favorite. It always feels like a new bike each time I get on it. The power is intoxicating.

Most of my friends own VTwin cruisers, HD and Japanese. I usually take up the rear and become bored to death with the ride. If I lead, I'm constantly checking my mirrors for headlights back in the distance!

Bump - mostly because I don't want this ad to go to pg 2.

I want this bike sold for my own selfish reasons....temptation can be unrelentless.