• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! Used Rifle Touring windshield for First Gens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Here it is... the big daddy of windshields. They do NOT come any bigger than this one. This is the Rifle Touring mega windshield. It is the clear (non-tinted) version and is very good condition. No visible scratches except directly in the mounting areas. This windshield has always been my go-to windshield for the New England winter months from October thru March. It has allowed me to ride in sub freezing weather (any time there is no snow or ice on the road surface) with relative comfort, and... even at 6'2" get out of the wind entirely!

It measures 22 1/4" from the center screw hole to the top, which is a full 6-1/4" taller than the stock shield. But it works even bigger than that because the Rifle has a flat profile from the screws to the top, while the stock, and most other shields, have a convex contour that tips the top of the shield back towards you and robs you of some of the height. It is also significantly wider that any other shield I've ever tried. I'm serious, they don't come any bigger.

This shield is so big it absolutely must be used with the Rifle Tuning block or you would be sucked off the seat by the back draft. And, as luck would have it, a brand new, unused copy of that is included in the sale (see photos). This tuning block copy was made for me by an FJRForum member (F tompa) who asked to borrow my original block to make a copy for himself. He made one for me in compensation for my loaning it to him. It is actually made better than the original as the guy was a meticulous machinist.

You will not be disappointed by the condition of this one. Here is the barn door in all of her glory!

100_4615.jpg

Very clean, minimal scratching.

And here is a comparison of this behemoth to the stock '04-'05 windshield with the mounting screws lined up:

100_4616.jpg

I know. Shocking isn't it?
uhoh.gif

And finally, here's a picture of the work of CNC machining art that F Tompa gifted to me, that I will be passing along to the new owner of this shield.

100_4618.jpg

My good friend bbdig, who is a bit taller in the saddle than yours truly actually runs this same shield on his '04 FJR, YEAR ROUND! You will definitely be in the quiet pocket when you are behind this thing, if that is important to you.

These bad boys are still available, but they go for $180 plus shipping from Rifle and you just do not see them available anywhere else except on the used market. This one is in such excellent shape I can't see going halves on it.

How about an even Hundo (just a single Benjamin!) and you also pick up the shipping tab. and I'll pick up the shipping!

First one to say: "I'll take it" has dibs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a good box.

Shipping will not be that expensive, depending mostly on how far you are from me (box is not considered oversize by UPS) Weight is only ~10 lbs

I'll take it. Be an honor to have a part of your trusty steed on my gen1. Please pm me. I'm on my phone. Having trouble with the pm format..