Soldier Ride in Honor of Jordan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
July 25th will mark the second year that the Wounded Warrior Project will honor my son Jordan by holding Soldier Ride in his memory. Some of the most physically well developed veteran athletes representing all branches of our military will ride either a 28 or 64 mile circuit, some on adaptive bicycles and pedaling with their arms. All of them a true reflection of bravery and sacrifice......

chrisandhoss.jpg

This year is going to be special. Not only will the ride take the athletes through Sag Harbor but they will also traverse the LCpl Jordan Haerter Veterans Memorial Bridge and hold a ceremony on our waterfront. Joining the wounded warriors will be 27 Marines from Camp Lejeune. 27 Marines that were part of Jordan's platoon and many of them who were with him at JSS Nasser in Ramadi that tragic morning. Many who's lives were spared by Jordan and Jonathan's actions. The Battalion Commander gave them the option of going to Indiana for training or going to Sag Harbor to ride a bicycle for 64 miles...not a real tough choice for them. A local bike shop has donated the 27 bikes and they will be supplied with special Marine Corps biking jerseys. This year Jordan's ride will also be supported by Matthew Modine and Dan Aykroyd with Dan doing some Blues Brothers tunes after the event. Also in the works at the moment is a flyover by a Blackhawk helicopter compliments of the local National Guard.

51.jpg

If anybody is interested in helping out my personal effort to raise $5000.00 for those who have already given so much, you can log onto my website HERE or you can make a general donation to "Team Jordan". I'm just about there, having already raised over $3500.00 with a week and half left to go. I know things are tight these days and I appreciate all that you guys do. All proceeds go directly to WWP.

Anybody who happens to be in the Sag Harbor, NY area that wants to join me on my epic walk, please send me a PM and let me know.

JordansMemorialServiceinIraq.jpg

Sounds like a great event and worthy cause. The company I work for is a major sponsor of a motorcycle event every April in the Hill Country of Texas (Oilmans Hill Country Ride) .. Hill Country Ride Link that makes donations to Wounded Warriors (we raised over 80K in 3 days on the 2009 ride). Hope you make your goal as WW is a very good cause. Good luck!

Donation sent in the name of a true American hero and his Father. I truly wish it could be more.

Thank you for posting this and giving me an opportunity to honor you and Jordan in some small way.

Chris, I think of Jordan and you often...certainly at every PGR event I serve.

Just last week, it was a 20 year old Marine LCpl of Lake Charles, LA...

I presented Daniel's Parents a pair of "Mission Accomplished Pins" and told them they were to symbolize Daniel's accomplishment of successfully becoming a Marine and his serving the Corp and all of us. All three of us were in tears. Geez.

I wish I could be there for this and all the past events honoring Jordon. Dang, it's just so far away from here.

I'll certainly be there in spirit and will lift up a prayer on July 25th for a great day for you and your family.

As always,

Wish You Well

Semper Fi

Mike

(in Nawlins')

[SIZE=14pt]LAST CALL!![/SIZE]

The ride is on Saturday. Because of the generosity of so many, I have already raised over [SIZE=14pt]$5500.00[/SIZE] for the Wounded Warrior Project!!!! :yahoo:

Anybody else who wants to try and help me reach my revised goal of $6K can do so by following the link in the first post.

A huge [SIZE=18pt]THANK YOU!![/SIZE] to all of you who so generously participated....

I promise next week I will leave you all alone.