Soltek Fuego auxiliary lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These light's don't look that big on a MC and that red anodized outer rim simply looks killer. B)

And I won't have to tear off all of my plastic to fit them to my bike. Plug and play with 12 volts and a switch. Hmm, dual use on multiple bikes comes to mind here. ;)

Warchild, if you get into testing these, be sure they send you enough lights to try out a variation between fog and pencil beams. The idea of having both, if they work good would be great.

quadfuego1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran Hella Micro DE Xenon's on my last bike - they didn't dazzle much because the bulb was deep set into the projector (rather than reflector) - it worked really well. I've seen them on Ebay for about $400 a pair. Very compact and well made magnesium housings with real glass.

They are 3G HIDs, however so the electronics package has to be within about 18 inches of the bulb or I'd already have rebought them for the FJR.

I think I could find place for the ballasts, mind you, in the lower fairings - I liked the way I had them on the old Concours, mounted fairly low:

(clickable)

I ran Hella Micro DE Xenon's on my last bike - they didn't dazzle much because the bulb was deep set into the projector (rather than reflector) - it worked really well. I've seen them on Ebay for about $400 a pair. Very compact and well made magnesium housings with real glass.
They are 3G HIDs, however so the electronics package has to be within about 18 inches of the bulb or I'd already have rebought them for the FJR.

I think I could find place for the ballasts, mind you, in the lower fairings - I liked the way I had them on the old Concours, mounted fairly low:

(clickable)

Nice installation ! :clapping:

Anyone know the physical size yet?

Maybe those who already have PHID's could have skyway make a special Helmet mount like Mickey Mouse Ears. :lol:

Man, I might as well put a vacuum cleaner to wallet this year. I hope I have enough money to actually ride after I get done adding stuff. I think a new "secret" account is in order, this way I can be prepared for the next gb session in dec 2007 :lol: . Hopefully, I'll be done restoring my Toyota by summer and have a 2nd job for all the farkles I want for next season. Hmm ss brake/clutch lines, new rotors, ohlins shock and fork springs.............I think Imight as well save for a lawyer too, especially when she see's the receipts :bye2: :black eye:

By gosh, I love this place.

Very much interested..... I like the idea that everything is in the unit. Don't have to shoe horn things inside the plastics.

... these just might prove to be THE lamp. I have just a couple of concerns that I am still researching with Baja Designs, but from what I can tell in my conversations with them, and what I can make out in their literature, these just might be The Shit to have....
The design of the reflector looks very similar to this one:
DSC01551.jpg

Which is the high beam on my Toyota. They really throw the light, even at only 60 watts. Can't wait to see what HID will look like. The big question is; Spot, driving, or combo beams? I think combo would offer the best of roadside illumination with downrange reach. Hopefully some testing is in the works....Also wondering about the effects of semi-frequent on-off switching on unit longevity.

I may be inclined to install something like this if the $$$ was right, but first someone has to design and build a decent sturdy light bracket that sits up and inboard of the mirror stalk, so that if my bike falls over I don't destroy $300+ worth of lighting.
That certainly wouldn't hurt the LEO appearance in the rear-view mirrors of cages ahead, either.

You guys are just plain evil, you hear? Evil! Are you in cahoots with my credit card company?

AND, those red rings look just enough like CHP red lights.....well, you get my drift.....heh-heh-heh-heh-heh.

Gentlemen, let me put it this way......

When it comes to HID lighting, y'all should know by now that I am all business. When you ride your bike through the mid-section of a deer at 60 mph as I have done, the ability to turn night into day becomes a deadly serious, deeply personal matter to you.

Too, when it comes to phenomenal Group Buys, y'all should know by now that I take that pretty seriously, too.

So...... even though I probably don't have to elaborate further, I'll do so anyway.... believe me - trust me -

[SIZE=18pt]START STASHING YOUR MONEY AWAY[/SIZE] [SIZE=24pt]NOW!!!!!!! [/SIZE]

Please don't ask further questions - don't PM me - don't email me -

Just start squirreling away the bucks right now.

And just... trust me. B) The GB of the DECADE is coming in a few weeks, and if you've never taken advantage of one until now, or if you've ever kicked yourself for not taking advantage of one in the past, BELIEVE ME, this one, you need to pull all the stops out for. I am fairly confident I will never, EVER pull off another one with such deep savings of this magnitude again. I am just about fearful that retailers are going to put a contract out on me, once this GB is announced.

The timeframe is toward the end of January. I can not (and will not) say any more for now.

Trust me, fellas.

So does this mean you've tested them already? I'm just interested to know how they compare to the PHID's and Hella FF200's, since I have first hand visual experience with both? :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.