Someone To Paint My Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecuLaw

Reaction score
Okay, the FNG (that would be me) wants to have his Arai helmet painted to match his new 07 FJR. No graphics just a solid color, the 07 color. Yes, I know it's Mickey Mouse, but I don't care. Anybody know anyone who can and is willing to do so? I already talked with a couple of "artists" who became insulted that I didn't want their Harley death heads plaster all across my cranium.

PS: I searched for a similar thread and didn't find one but I attribute that to my sucky search skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick Google search will return 82 pages of results. I bet you might even find one close to home that could provide references. ;)

A quick Google search will return 82 pages of results. I bet you might even find one close to home that could provide references. ;)
Tried that. That's how I spoke to the artists. Most aren't looking to just paint without graphics or they want more then the helmet cost new. Didn't know if anyone here had used or knew of someone who does that kind of work.

Well then, any auto shop should be able to shoot it for you, but you'll prolly spend more on the paint than the helmet is worth.

Well then, any auto shop should be able to shoot it for you, but you'll prolly spend more on the paint than the helmet is worth.

You may be right. The paint price (https://www.colorrite.com/product_info.php?products_id=1005) doesn't seem that out of line but the labor is probably the killer.
Colorite products are ok, but your best bet would be to go to a body shop, Yamaha color formulas are available through PPG for sure. I have mixed my own Cerulian Silver for my bike (2004 model), the aerosol listed on the colorite site would not give great results, plus you would still want to apply clear coat over top to give protection. Expect to pay anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00 for reasonable prices, anyone charging much more than that just doesn't want to do it. If you're located in Nova Scotia area (Canada) I could hook you up. I wouldn't reccomend shipping a freshly painted part, as it takes a couple of weeks for the clear to attain its full hardness and can be easily marked within that time.

or buy a Nolan N-com helmet that matches. The one I bought is real close to the color of new bike.

The helmet is a month old and cost just under $500 (yeah yeah bad planning on my part) so I don't want to replace it at this time.

Bullit...........Thanks for the advice. I'll go talk with some body shops and see what they have to say.

You might check with your local dealers. Sometimes they know of people who do "side work" and could direct you to one of those. It might save you some $$. If your helmet has venting, a repaint could be tricky. For instance, masking around my Shoei RF-1000 front vents would be easy but removing the smoke colored rear vent would be a different matter since you can see the graphics through it.

Check with GARAULD. I know that he has painted side cases for people but not sure if he would take on a helmet but it would be worth a quick PM to find out.

Check with GARAULD. I know that he has painted side cases for people but not sure if he would take on a helmet but it would be worth a quick PM to find out.

Thanks for the suggestion but is he a member? I couldn't find him in the member list to contact.

PS: Never mind found him. I've PMed him, as suggested. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
First I want to thank TheAxeman for recommending I contact garauld for getting my helmet painted to match my 2007 FJR. I did contact garauld and we worked out a deal and he painted my Arai Profile for me. As you can see he did a fantastic job, really outstanding work. I couldn't be happier. Can't guarantee he'll paint everyone's helmet but it doesn't hurt to ask. And yes I know its Mickey Mouse to get your helmet painted to match your bike. Picture doesn't really show it well but the color is a perfect match.(garauld I get a 10% commission, right? :D )

FJR1300Helmet003.jpg