Something of interest. (CeeBailey windshields)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warsw

Reaction score
I just ordered a windshield from CeeBailey (A contour flip +4w x +2h). While I was on their web site I saw in their add that they hand buffed their shields.

I had a thought so I sent them this e-mail:

I just ordered a "Reverse Contour Flip Windshield" for my 06 FJR 1300. In your advertising you mention that the windshield is "Hand Buffed". As all windshields sooner or later get scratched just from normal use I was wondering if, when this happens, it could be sent back to you and have it buffed out again. If so what would be the charge and would that bring it back to it's original clarity.
This was their reply:

We do this occasionally, but Novus #2 will take out most scratches, along with a micro fiber cloth. We generally charge 15.00 - 20.00, depending on the condition of the shield.
I thought it interesting that for $15.00 - $20.00 + shipping they would buff out your windshield which I didn't think was too bad for a $200.00 windshield. The other thing I thought was interesting was that you can do this yourself with a product called Novus #2 and a micro fiber cloth, which I assume, is what they use.

My question is: What is Novus #2 and a micro fiber cloth and where can you get them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Warsw, I'm glad you got a reply from them. I emailed them after seeing a number of reports of misaligned mounting holes & never got a response. I sure like their flip design, tho.

Warsw, I'm glad you got a reply from them. I emailed them after seeing a number of reports of misaligned mounting holes & never got a response. I sure like their flip design, tho.
The misaligned mounting holes should not be "misaligned", especially for the $$$ you pay for a CB. But they don't create any issues with mounting. They just make it a slight challenge to install. Remember the basic principle of mechanical assembly, "Don't tighten any screw until all screws are started". You will be fine.