Source for a lock set?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zip

Reaction score
Looking for a lock set online, and every place I'm checking has it on backorder. Anyone have a good source at a reasonable price for getting a lock set in less than about three weeks?

Best price I've seen is $54 + $14 shipping.

Lost my third lock, but got a new Yamaha top case and want to install that.

Thanks for any guidance.

That price would seem cheap for a lock set if it includes gas cap lock cylinder, ignition lock cylinder, saddlebag lock cylinders and top box lock cylinders.

One thing that I've noticed is that when locks are backordered or "not in the country," they still show up within a relatively short time. If you need locks, I'd go ahead and order from a reliable supplier. I'll bet you'll see them fairly quickly.

The other thing is that I had an ignition lock rekeyed at a local lock smith, and IIRC it cost me about $16, so getting cylinders to match your current key may be hard or impossible, but getting a cylinder rekeyed is not that costly and can be done locally by a competent locksmith.

I buy stuff from my local dealer a lot of the time. They order stuff and it comes quickly and there's no shipping charge. If its something expensive that I expect to install myself, I use www.mrcycles.com. There are lots of other on-line suppliers with good reputations too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts