Source for Big Man Sized Bicycle Shorts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a little obvious, but why shop for bicycle shorts at a place that sells motorcycle clothing? Instead, why not at a place that sells bicycle clothing?

Bike Nashbar

These guys are always running sales, great shipping and customer service, etc...

Personally, I don't know why anyone would ever buy bike shorts with a padded crotch to wear on a motorcycle. The seats on my bicycles look a lot different than the one on my Feejer. Wicking underwear, (and not the overpriced UnderArmour), works just fine for me on the motorcycle. YMMV.

I wear bike shorts with a padded crotch, mostly because I already have them laying around from my skinny tire cycling days. I don't do much of that anymore. I find the padded crotch does help in the comfort department even though a motorcycle seat isn't nearly as torturous as a racing bicycle seat. Probably the biggest advantage of these kind of shorts is they are designed with no bulky seams in the pressure areas. Almost any kind of regular underwear will have seams that cause hot spots after a day's riding. Obviously, purpose built motorcycle shorts shouldn't have seams either, but will likely cost you more (because they can).

On the linked page, I like the look of the ATD Fabricham shorts as the chamois looks considerably wider, covering more of the area that will contact the seat.

Bearlyflying......where ya at, buddy? I'm sure you can contribute to this fine thread.......

https://www.ldcomfort.com/
Long distance riders typically swear by these products.

Top notch customer service.

If you have any questions on sizing - call and they will help you decide what you need.

Thx, worth considering. Unpadded though, and I'm not sure if I want/need padding. Still running on the stock seat -- ouch.

I wear bike shorts with a padded crotch, mostly because I already have them laying around from my skinny tire cycling days. I don't do much of that anymore. I find the padded crotch does help in the comfort department even though a motorcycle seat isn't nearly as torturous as a racing bicycle seat. Probably the biggest advantage of these kind of shorts is they are designed with no bulky seams in the pressure areas. Almost any kind of regular underwear will have seams that cause hot spots after a day's riding. Obviously, purpose built motorcycle shorts shouldn't have seams either, but will likely cost you more (because they can).
On the linked page, I like the look of the ATD Fabricham shorts as the chamois looks considerably wider, covering more of the area that will contact the seat.

Thx

Bearlyflying......where ya at, buddy? I'm sure you can contribute to this fine thread.......
I'm surprised at you odot! No comments about this? LOL

Wrong sizing and I want shorts, not the bib style shorts. But appreciate the effort. If I missed something let me know.
They sell shorts and bib shorts. When you select Men's Clothing, then Shorts, you will be brought to a page that is sorted by Price, high to Low as a default. Click Price to reverse the sort order, and it starts with mainly shorts.

Good luck with your nether regions, whatever you decide! ;)