source for junked parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it would work for you or not, but I have a Gen I complete '05 non-abs, unmolested, wiring harness and ECU that matches it. Make me an offer if you're interested.

Any of this what you need?

134.jpg

133.jpg

132.jpg

sheesh, the thread sits idle for a few weeks, I go camping for the weekend and all of a sudden :)

I have two ECUs that, after minimal research should work. Both are from fleabay, both under $50 (total).

I'm interested in what anyone wants to either donate or provide at a nominal cost. Having sourced two that *should* work I might wait to take up any offers until I get these.

The Microsquirt doesn't have a connector. It's pretty much a "You build it" kit. Comes with the computer and wires.

I can just about guarundamnteeyou that the connector on the ECU is from Sumitomo.
Good luck dealing with the USA arm of the company, and even more luck dealing with the Japanese arm for one sample...

Examine the connector, and the mate on the wiring harness for a micro small logo in the injection mold. There will possible be some part numbering as well. The Sumitomo symbol looks like four parellelograms arranged in a diamond shape, like the Mitsubishi logo, except not three peices in a triangle. (see website above) NOT ALL OFF THEIR CONNECTORS ARE LISTED ON THE WEBSITE, especially some of the rare ones used by the automotive wiring harness division.

RenoJohn had some good luck ordering Sumitomo connectors through Jim at Eastern Beaver. I'm too lazy to search and link that for you! =] These were more common connectors, though.

Your *MUCH* better option would be source the connector that mates to the microsquirt. Then cut the stock connector off an FJR harness, and put the micro squirt connector directly on your harness. This would be the most reliable method of connecting to this device. *IF* they do this work in house, and you properly labeled the FJR harness, you might talk them into making the crimps on the proper crimping machines. You would need to mail them the harness to do this.
My diabolical plan involves being able to put the stock ECU back in to make it look all "normal" again. In case I sell the bike or something.

If I can make this all work, there might be more I can do (i.e. offer wire-harness' for FJRs for any others who wish to try this).

I have a donor (fleabay acquired) ECU!!!!! From an '02 Yamaha YZF R1. plug on the bike fits it perfectly! I'm moving forward with the project. I should have a microsquirt in my hands in July and we'll see what mayhem ensues.. :)

I have a donor (fleabay acquired) ECU!!!!! From an '02 Yamaha YZF R1. plug on the bike fits it perfectly! I'm moving forward with the project. I should have a microsquirt in my hands in July and we'll see what mayhem ensues.. :)
Yippee!!! I hope this venture finds you success and not a dead bike. Have you found a dyno shop for the feej nearby?