South Carolina Pavement Stencils

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
American Motorcyclist magazine, street edition, an AMA publication; November 2015 issue; "Ups and Downs" sidebar; page 14. Please point out any typos!

===========================================

The AMA gives a thumbs up ....

To coroners in six South Carolina Counties set to begin road stenciling services with a cross and the message "Look Twice, Save a Life" at locations where fatal motorcycle crashes occurred. Participating counties include Anderson, Laurens, Greenville, Oconee, Pickens, and Spartanburg.

"I hope with (drivers) seeing that, they'll be more aware of the next motorcycle they pass," Rick Allison, president of the state's Motorcycle Awareness Alliance, told a local TV station. "Just take a little bit more time and check your surroundings."

=============================================

I find this interesting. Wonder why the coroners are all located Upstate, with no Low Country coroners?

Anybody in the Carolina Gang seen one yet? Do y'all think this will make any difference in driver behavior?

If this is considered political, I apologize, Mr. Moderator(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it ironic that coroners are attempting to save motorcyclists' lives by applying to the roadway the slipperiest substance known to man. WTF over?
That's freakin funny! LOL

No, it won't make a difference...no, have not seen any. Lots of crosses though.
Gotta agree, probably won't make any difference and nope haven't seen the first one.