SPANK/ IBR Admonition

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
Folks.

Perhaps you received some good news from the Iron Butt Rally in recent days, perhaps you didn't.

Either way, whether you need experience for an upcoming event, want to test yourself against some of the best or just need to go for a ride, consider riding the 2008 Spank Rally.

7 glorious days ending at the super fun and informative National Meet. What could be better?

Check out Jim Owen's Ride Report from 2006 for an idea of what you can expect.

https://www.spankrally.com/spank/spank08.cfm

And just a reminder, the sign-up cut off is May 1st. Giddy up.

Hope to see you in Omaha.

George Zelenz

SPANK Rally Master

www.spankrally.com

I'm already here...what's the big deal??? :)
Well, then you have the opportunity for a rare treat. You get to see crazy sumbitches that like to put ungodly amounts of miles and farkle the bejeezus out of their FJRs.....right in you own back yard.

To folks like me that have to commute like 1800 miles to get to the starting line......through Western Nebraska.....wish we lived there instead.

I so wish I could do this rally! The 5 day rally you put on was really a top notch rally with tons of twists and turns not only in the roads, but in the bonuses! Even reading through Jim Owen's account doesn't really describe how complicated and how much thought really went into this rally. It really required folks to take a deep breath and really look at the bonuses in front of them before heading off into the sunset. This rally really was as much about route planning as it was about riding ability.

I think the best way I can describe how complicated (in an incredibly fun way mind you) this rally was, is by quoting what Tom Austin told GZ when he was running some ideas by him for the rally. "I will help the riders bury your body."

If you folks want to run one top notch rally that will test not only your riding ability, but your planning and routing skills, SIGN UP NOW!

I'm already here...what's the big deal??? :)
Well, then you have the opportunity for a rare treat. You get to see crazy sumbitches that like to put ungodly amounts of miles and farkle the bejeezus out of their FJRs.....right in you own back yard.

To folks like me that have to commute like 1800 miles to get to the starting line......through Western Nebraska.....wish we lived there instead.
If I don't move beforehand, maybe I'll invite you crazy bastards over. If anyone has last-minute-farkling, it could be done here. I'm willing to help if asked.

I am exploring a different job in a different state, so I'll have to follow this thread and post when I have updates.

If I don't move beforehand, maybe I'll invite you crazy bastards over. If anyone has last-minute-farkling, it could be done here. I'm willing to help if asked.
I am exploring a different job in a different state, so I'll have to follow this thread and post when I have updates.
I've moved out of omahell; if the house doesn't sell before then (eesh) maybe I'll still host something...but I really hope the house sells :)

Enjoy!

EDIT: If anyone needs garage space for repairs, PM me. I won't be in Omaha, but I could make arrangements for it to be available. I'm doing this even after seeing beeroux in-person at NAFO... scary :p

Unfortunately, I can't take the time off from work to be in Omahell when you're all there. :(

BTW - having just travelled on I-80 eastbound through Western NE, there are quite a few spots of single-lane reduced-posted-speed-limit road. NE State Patrol is really fond of setting up speed traps too. just ask Squeezer :)

Last edited by a moderator: