spark plus

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popee

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find a spark plug cross ref. guide . I would like to know of other brands that will work in case i would ever need them. Thanks

Start here Gen2 Bin-O-facts, this should help. Also do a Google search of site:fjrforum.com and your search parameters.

Some auto and bike parts places will have a cross reference. Otherwise you may have to look up each sparks plugs site for them.

spark plugs site:fjrforum.com

You could also try: NGK site:fjrforum.com, for example, then substitute whatever brand you want as the <"question" site:fjrforum.com>

I don't know that any definite list exists on the forum so going to an auto supply and having them cross-reference brand to brand, as suggested by FJRBluesman, may be your only way to build your list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here this may help:

Spark Plugs

OEM spark plugs = NGK CR8E

The cat's ass spark plugs. Iridiums = Brand: NGK, Part Number: CR8EIX, Stock Number: 4218 (About $7 each if you look on eBay or check out sparkplugssource.com/) and likely last 16K miles. NGK Website

An alternative = NGK CR8VX

Maybe even better = NGK CR8EK (double ground electrodes) (submitted by Toecutter)

And maybe the ultimate = NGK CR8EKPA (double ground with platinum center electrode) (submitted by Toecutter)

Here this may help:
Spark Plugs

The cat's ass spark plugs. Iridiums = Brand: NGK, Part Number: CR8EIX, Stock Number: 4218 (About $7 each if you look on eBay or check out sparkplugssource.com/) and likely last 16K miles. NGK Website

Maybe even better = NGK CR8EK (double ground electrodes) (submitted by Toecutter)

And maybe the ultimate = NGK CR8EKPA (double ground with platinum center electrode) (submitted by Toecutter)
thank you for the info.

Here this may help:
Spark Plugs

thank you for the info.
That information is from the Bin-O'-Facts. It may be in the Gen I thread, but so much IS interchangeable it is suggested that everyone read both Gen I & Gen II for general knowledge and each for specific applications.

Does anyone know where i can find a spark plug cross ref. guide . I would like to know of other brands that will work in case i would ever need them. Thanks
I last ordered some iridium plugs from www.NGKwholesale.com and got what I thought was a very good price. Here is a link to an application chart, but not sure it gives all other plugs available to fit.

https://www.ngkwholesale.com/applicationindex.htm

doctorj