Special Discount for HVMP Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider_FJR

Reaction score
www.hvmp.com

I emailed HVMP to see if they offer discount for FJR members. This is what they said:

Thanks for your interest in HVMP. We can do free shipping which saves $9.50.

If you want to pass it along to the forum members tell them we'll do a free-shipping-for-fjrforum-members until February deal.

Also I have a limited number of black powder coated bar ends about 5 pairs of Extra Heavy and 4 pairs of Heavy. This option usually costs ten dollars. So I’ll offer a choice of free shipping or free powder coating. If people opt for the free shipping, I’ll refund the shipping cost after they’ve paid, and if they want the powder coat they just pay regular price and I won’t have to refund anything.

I dont know if I should go for the 11.6 or 15.5 ounces.

Can't answer that for you Sir. I've never had bar ends other than stock. On my little gixxer 600 I had stock bars and just lived with it <_<

Can someone else who has experience with bar ends of different weights possible reply? Do they actually do what they say they will?

In this picture, what is that THING right of the grip, that is blue, with some white?

Last edited by a moderator:
In this picture, what is that THING right of the grip, that is blue, with some white?
MX donut like this:

clicky

The BMW grips (and most others I think) are about 1/4" shorter than our stock grips. On the left side you can just move the whole switch housing/clutch clamp over a bit. It's a little more complicated on the right side. Most guys are just using MX donuts to fill in the gap, or a Vista Cruise. I've ridden 80 miles with the new grips and although I was skeptical that a slightly different piece of rubber could make a difference...holy sh!t :fans:

It's very obvious to me at least that I'll be much happier with these grips. Can't wait to try it out with a pound of stainless on the end of the bars.

Interesting product. I do have a gap on both sides, so I will take your advice and move the clutch side entire mechanism, but for the throttle side, I will order one of those spacers. Is there any friction using the donut? Also, are you using the Extra Heavy weights?

MX donut like this:

clicky

The BMW grips (and most others I think) are about 1/4" shorter than our stock grips. On the left side you can just move the whole switch housing/clutch clamp over a bit. It's a little more complicated on the right side. Most guys are just using MX donuts to fill in the gap, or a Vista Cruise. I've ridden 80 miles with the new grips and although I was skeptical that a slightly different piece of rubber could make a difference...holy sh!t :fans:

It's very obvious to me at least that I'll be much happier with these grips. Can't wait to try it out with a pound of stainless on the end of the bars.

Interesting product. I do have a gap on both sides, so I will take your advice and move the clutch side entire mechanism, but for the throttle side, I will order one of those spacers. Is there any friction using the donut? Also, are you using the Extra Heavy weights?

MX donut like this:

clicky

Extra Heavy Weights No friction just make sure you leave at least a little gap. I left about 3/64" on both sides of each grip. If you are going to move your switch housing, check out this:

My link

If you grind off the nub as Warchild did (and me too) the housing may spin even when tightened all the way. I used rubber electrical tape around the bar - in the middle where the nub is - too keep it from spinning. It's called linerless rubber splicing tape. My link

Or if you're close I can send you some. I'm in so-cal. Really anything rubber and grippy would work.

How did you go about ordering these to get the free shipping? I just tried and didn't see how to do it. I did send them an email but have not heard anything yet.

I just emailed her and she said the same thing.... also she told me to pass along that she is extending the discount until the End of March!!!

FJRBilldo,

The left and right handlebars without the grips are different diameter. I understand that the donuts come in a pair. But, what diameter do they come in? Also, these donuts should be used over a grip, not over the handlebars without the grip; does it mean that the donut will be loose?

MX donut like this:

clicky

Extra Heavy Weights No friction just make sure you leave at least a little gap. I left about 3/64" on both sides of each grip. If you are going to move your switch housing, check out this:

My link

If you grind off the nub as Warchild did (and me too) the housing may spin even when tightened all the way. I used rubber electrical tape around the bar - in the middle where the nub is - too keep it from spinning. It's called linerless rubber splicing tape. My link

Or if you're close I can send you some. I'm in so-cal. Really anything rubber and grippy would work.

FJRBilldo,

The left and right handlebars without the grips are different diameter. I understand that the donuts come in a pair. But, what diameter do they come in? Also, these donuts should be used over a grip, not over the handlebars without the grip; does it mean that the donut will be loose?

They are stretchy enough where I don't think the different diameter will matter. I didn't use any on the clutch side so I can't say for sure.

MX donut like this:

clicky

My link

I asked:

Shopping for a set of bar ends. You had offered free shipping to FJRforum members in the past and was wondering if you be able to do so now?

Sue@HVMP replied:

Timothy,

I guess I can still do that for you. If you want to go ahead and order, I’ll refund the shipping after the fact.

Thanks for your interest in HVMP. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am ordering a set of the heavies. I would wager that they would appreciate the business and would extend the discount to any other FJRForum site member. :D

I asked:

Shopping for a set of bar ends. You had offered free shipping to FJRforum members in the past and was wondering if you be able to do so now?

Sue@HVMP replied:

Timothy,

I guess I can still do that for you. If you want to go ahead and order, I’ll refund the shipping after the fact.

Thanks for your interest in HVMP. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am ordering a set of the heavies. I would wager that they would appreciate the business and would extend the discount to any other FJRForum site member. :D
Yup, they did the same for me a month ago and it's a nice savings. A really nice item and I bought the heavier of the two. But, quite honestly it's more of a cosmetic and possibly protective upgrade that having any appreciable impact on the bar vibes. But they do look good and I dig that. Nice folks there.