Speedbleeders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
I had Speedbleeders for the Concours and have them installed on the KZ (OK, I have ONE installed on the KZ because there is only the one hydraulic unit.).

I've looked on the Speedbleeder site and on this site and there is no definitive listing of what is needed - and the service manual is not a wealth of information on the subject. When I did it for the Concours I discovered that their site and their written recommendations differed and were both wrong.

So someone here must have fitted them up to an '06 or later model . . . what say you?

I gather I'll need about 6:

1 - rear caliper

1 - left fromt caliper

2 - right front caliper

1 - clutch servo

1 - ABS unit??

Who knows the sizes and lengths or the SB numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Is there really a bleeder on the ABS controller?
That was why I have the question marks next to that item. But your question made me do it. I looked in the manual and there is none for the ABS/Linked brakes controller.

I thought there might be because it is located pretty high up on the chassis and a lot of plumbing goes there.

Still need the sizes, mind you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always used a vacuum bleeder. Of those of you who have Speed Bleeders, how often do you find yourself needing to bleed the system when you are away from your garage? I guess what I am asking is, are Speed Bleeders worth the cost if I already have a bleed system, which I find to be very efficient? I have never had to bleed a hydraulic system on my bike when I was away from home. It once happened to me with my truck, but the local auto parts place had a bleeder tube similar to the Speed Bleeder for $10 and it worked fine.

Old post I know, but here is the info for gen 2. Speedbleeders needed: 3 for front brakes, part # 8125 and 1 for the clutch, also # 8125. Then one for the rear brake, part # 7100. Remember, its linked brakes, so front left and front right lower are for the rear brake and will only bleed when rear brakes ate applied. Clutch bleed is located about where your left knee would be when riding. There is a rear brake resivore located right rear under plastic.

Old post I know, but here is the info for gen 2. Speedbleeders needed: 3 for front brakes, part # 8125 and 1 for the clutch, also # 8125. Then one for the rear brake, part # 7100. Remember, its linked brakes, so front left and front right lower are for the rear brake and will only bleed when rear brakes ate applied. Clutch bleed is located about where your left knee would be when riding. There is a rear brake resivore located right rear under plastic.
Well at least someone looks at the old stuff . . . I'd forgotten I'd posted this - I would have resurrected it rather than posting the new one I did a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=137835&st=0&p=858795&&do=findComment&comment=858795

Note that you have the front and rear mixed up - the front left and lower right are actuated by the front lever - I suppose it's bad enough that I mixed the front and rear ones in my post - I'm not able to edit my posts, which means you have to read through the entire thread to catch any corrections I may have posted.