speedlimit?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone else find it hard to do regular speed limit during morning and evening commute to from work....I seem not to have as big of a problem during leisure rides...but when commuting i can stand to be in blind spots, so I'm constantly trying to be in front....is it just me????
Same here but my addiction is all the time. :ph34r:

Very seldom I go through a week without hitting triple digits.

Dave

does anyone else find it hard to do regular speed limit during morning and evening commute to from work....I seem not to have as big of a problem during liesure rides...but when commuting i can stand to be in blind spots, so im constantly trying to be in front....is it just me????
<BAMofGavel>

Road Rage! Pay the cashier. Attend anger management classes!

</BAMofGavel>

does anyone else find it hard to do regular speed limit during morning and evening commute to from work....I seem not to have as big of a problem during liesure rides...but when commuting i can stand to be in blind spots, so im constantly trying to be in front....is it just me????

It's not just you. Commuted on various bikes for 20 years here in SoCal.....and it was getting even more brutal when I retired a couple years ago. I went into "combat mode" on every trip, and I built an open space around me constantly......stay out of the pack at all costs and would do 100mph to get clear, you need to see that big pile of tire tread coming at you. Driving the speed limit or below it out here in Kaleefornia will get you killed. There was a guy in the paper a couple of years ago who would never speed according to his family, he would leave early so he could ride his Harley slowly and sedately in the right lane at all times. He would leave for work around 4am in the morning. This worked great until a slightly drunk kid in a civic made him a literal hood ornament at 90mph one morning in the dark. The Harley was actually EMBEDDED in the front hood of the civic when the CHP took the report, while the guy launched over the roof and was hit by several cars killing him completely dead. Also refuting the idea that speed kills, we had a run of three CHP motor cops getting killed while stopped in left turn lanes out here over a year or so a while back.

You're doing it right.....keep it up and you should be cool.......

.....the guy launched over the roof and was hit by several cars killing him completely dead.

As opposed to "mostly dead"??

mostlydeadlu8.jpg

than looking down at the Speedo every 5 seconds to make sure you are not going 2-5mph over...
It does seem that many of the speedometers take too much concentration to read accurately.

"Aggressive defensive driving" sounds about right. Anyone else split between two cagers going 5 under side-by-side to escape the death-trap pack? :unsure:

Exceeding trans-warp velocity has its risks but it makes the long stretches much more entertaining. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
They've put signs all over Ontario "Drive for Conditions", which, I'm assuming, means if the roads are dry, I have good visibility and theirs no traffic, I can haul some ass right?

No.

I'm the same way...depending on the amount of traffic. As said in this thread, it's defensive motorcycle riding. Usually, anything with more than 2 wheels doesn't watch for us.

I installed a set of Loud Horns! (Hella Supertones) It scares the shit out of them when they realize how close they are to me and didn't know it! :clapping:

What do you do to those that are tailgating you?

TAILGATERS! Did someone say TAILGATERS?!? Glad it's Friday! So I can bring back an oldie but goodie!!

https://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee22/ditchwitchguy/DSCN0065.mp4

https://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee22/ditchwitchguy/DSCN0066.mp4

An oldie but goodie!

I installed a set of Loud Horns! (Hella Supertones) It scares the shit out of them when they realize how close they are to me and didn't know it! :clapping:

What do you do to those that are tailgating you?

reach into your jacket pocket for a handful of ball bearings and let them drop slowly out of your hand?