Speigler Brake lines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rideoc

Reaction score
So it appears that I'm the last one to install my Speigler brake lines and ABM rotor. I've searched the old threads but cannot find any duplication of my problem.

The banjo bolts sent with my purchase are 1/8" longer than stock and are hitting-bottom long before the crush washers are even snugged up against the cable. Also, the "fine thread" bolts sent exclusively for the 3-way block are too long for the block, same problem.

I'll call Gary tomorrow to buy what I need but was just wondering if I was the only one with longer banjo bolts? Just curious. I'm at fault for not checking my parts sooner but I knew these parts wouldn't spoil on the shelf until I was ready to use them.

Before someone tells me that only the "hot pink" ones are longer; they're black.

kb

Last edited by a moderator:
Rideoc,

You won't be the last one. I just installed the clutch line this weekend. I likely won't tackle the full brake lines for a while.

dgfella

Rad, we can always count on you for a laugh... :D

I spoke with Gary and he is willing help (as he always is) in any way that he can but I think that I'm just going to trim them with a Dremel and cutting wheel.

Well, if you use a hot enough wheel....they might turn pink....if that suits you.