Speigler brake lines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jestal,

I can't answer the dual line bit but on WC's recommendation, I got the cable for the front master cylinder made a bit longer. I went with an additional 1.5" although I've heard that 1.25" inches is enough. I have D&D risers.

I got them from Gary and there is no additional charge for the longer cable.

Cheers,

Jim

The dual-line setup is indeed the way to fly for the non-ABS bike.

Unless you have the mega-huge risers, or are "stacking" two risers together, etc, we have found that ordering the additional 1.25'-1.5" in length (from standard) has been doing the job for those folks with typical FJR risers (D&D, Lenkenadapters, etc)

Wish I had the Spieglers on my Deer-Strike bike, but we didn't have them set up at the time I was rebuilding it, so I ended up with Galfers. They are okay, but I like the Spieglers a LOT better, personally:

doublebanjo.jpg

tripletreehoseclamps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the 3 line setup...after an initial problem with the angle of one of the banjos (which Spiegler was quick to fix and took VERY good care of me) I had no problems at all. I'm quite happy with mine. I have no reason to believe that the 3 line is any different from the 2 line from a performance perspective...but I love the feedback the SS lines give me.

Go for it.

I went with the two lines, as most of the group buy purchasers did; very straight forward installation with great results and no worries about ever having to do the periodic brake line changes, recommended for the regular brake lines by Yamaha, again.

With Heli risers, a 1 inch extension is more than adequate. Stock length would be ok, but would make servicing the head bearings difficult. The 2 line is the way to go for several reasons: ease of installation (3 less banjoes), NO clearance problem if you have a fork brace, etc.

Don't know what Gary charges as I ordered from Spiegler before the group buy. If I remember correctly, it took 3 or 4 days from order to receive.

Gary only charged me $33 more than the group buy price for the Spiegler cables. The ABM rotors were the same as the group buy as (I think) were the Carbone-Lorraine pads and the speedbleeders.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Jestal, I have the 2 line front, clutch, rear brake line, and speed bleeders for them all still in the package. I never got a chance to install before it was totalled. I also have heli risers I pulled off the bike. The front lines are +1 and 1/2 for the risers. I also have two full sets of spk pads that might be for sell. That is the only thing I'm waiting for to sell it all. I need to find out if '05 pads are the same as '06. If you are interested E-Mail me and you'll be fist on the list when I go to sell, more than likely the middle of next week.

I also have two full sets of spk pads that might be for sell. That is the only thing I'm waiting for to sell it all. I need to find out if '05 pads are the same as '06.
I'd venture to guess that the chances of them fitting approach 0%. :(

Two totally different calipers... the new, linked brake calipers are Nissin; up until this 2006 model year, all FJRs carried the monoblock brake calipers off the R1 superbike. They are completely different.

Might as well sell 'em, Rodantking....

Um... how much you want for the SBK-3 front pads? :)

Last edited by a moderator: