Spencered Seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a little more comfort seat-wise so sent in both front and rear seats to be "spencerized". Should be getting them back later this week. I had the "LD flex-gel" modification done to the front seat. I'm looking forward to getting them back and seeing what the difference is. The price is pretty reasonable. I had looked at lots of options as far as aftermarket seats and this was a far cheaper option. Not sure I'll get a real good idea of how the comfort is changed for awhile as it COLD here in South Dakota in February. So I guess I'm also interested in if anyone has had this done in the past and how it worked out for them.

I had my fz6 done and am not pleased with the result. To my bony butt it doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried almost all the pads and the only thing that has worked for me is the russell seat. Alot of money but it works and when you sell the bike you can always sell the seat seperately for at least half of what you paid. Just my 2 cents.

I believe I was the first 06 FJR that Spencer did the gel modification to. I can say that for the price it was a significant improvement both in comfort (no problem after 700 kms and lowering which is what I need (marginal but a bit). a thumb’s up and a good guy to deal with.

Gadi

Gotta agree with Rockmurf's comment above. I had my '07 seat Spencerized last year about this time and it was a waste of about 75 bucks. Went back to Russell ( had a Day-Long on my R1100RT) and am once again happy in the hind quarters.

If you're looking for a low-cost comfort alternative, you might consider sending your stock seat(s) back to Sargent for a "re-foam". Sargent will remove the old stock foam and replace it with their infamous "Atomic cell" foam. I did this on my 03' for about 125.00 and it made an amazing difference. Just a thought........ <_<

I had mine done several weeks ago. Not had a chance to ride it alot yet but it feels better (riding to Daytona in March so that will be a good test). He did the one on the ST1300 I had and it worked wonders on it.

Gary