Spider Net

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khrome

Reaction score
I have seen the spider net bungee cords you can buy to hold soft tail bags and such on the bike. I have never owned one and was wondering if there was a particular brand or preference that anyone was currently using or had experience with?

Links appreciated.

khrome :ph34r:

I've used 'em. I guess I never really shopped brand on things like this. They do come in different sizes, and you want to make sure the hooks are plastic coated on the ends to avoid excessive scratches in your paint. That's all I can think of....

I don't know what brand my current net is. I bought it at WallyWorld (I think?)

GUNNY! to getting plastic or rubber coated hooks.

My previous net had these really "cool" plastic hooks that had a second hook on top of each. The purpose of the second hook was to allow you to shorten up the net. Worked great right up to the moment when not one, but two hooks snapped! (Stoopid plastic hooks!) <_<

well a friend of mine told me they sold them at wally world (hav'nt been to check yet) ... was hoping maybe there was a brand out there that might be a better quality or whatever...

i will be using on the rack i bought from premier to hold on a cortech tail bag that is soft sided... it has built in bungees on the bottom that are good but wanted a net to throw over it to keep it from folding over and hanging down which would have a tendancy to cover up the tail lights :blink:

khrome

I do not have the link handy but go to Aerostich and search. They have the adjustable ones which are great

I have two - used them a lot - I am sure I just bought them at a Yammy dealer. They work great for wrapping around things that may not be as secure as they would with two bungees crossed over whatever you are carrying. Different sizes are available. I like them.

Here's the link Stormrider mentioned for Aerostich bungees. VERY good, quality stuff.

I believe I had the same tailbag you mention. The two bottom bungees were "free sliding" through the bottom of the bag. Even with the bungees pulled down to the passenger pegs, the bag would still flop around back there (Yamaha Seca II).

Funny, that bag was the reason I got my first net too. :)

Your local Harley shop should carry both a 4-hook model and two 6-hook models, with rubber-coated hooks. I've been using one of the 6-hook ones for over 10 years now.

Pricing runs from $6.95 to $8.95 depending on size Clicky

They also have bungee nuts to attach them to Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the spider net bungee cords you can buy to hold soft tail bags and such on the bike. I have never owned one and was wondering if there was a particular brand or preference that anyone was currently using or had experience with?
Links appreciated.

khrome :ph34r:
bungee cords can be a bear. My wife and I were riding our 92 R100 out side of Houston at 0400hours and had our jackets bungeed on the rear. They slipped back and down were caught in the rear tire at 70 mph. The rear wheel locked up due to jackets seizing on the monolever, bike skidded / slithered to a stop. I needed to change my knickers and my wife beat me because she thought I was practicing a panic stop on I-10. It took over 1 hour to clear the jacket. The brand new tire was worn down to the threads. A warning to all; Beware of bungees and safe riding to all.

regards Roadhammer

Your local Harley shop should carry both a 4-hook model and two 6-hook models, with rubber-coated hooks. I've been using one of the 6-hook ones for over 10 years now.
Pricing runs from $6.95 to $8.95 depending on size Clicky

They also have bungee nuts to attach them to Clicky
I have used 2 and by far the one I bought from Harley is the best.