Spiegler Handlebar Riser, Stealth bar ends and more

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fossilrider

Reaction score
Tired of playing with risers and setback I opted to try the Spiegler Handlebar Riser, coupled with a 7/8 British handlebar model "European Majorca" best results I've had so far plus the option to try any 7/8 handlebars on the market. Also customized the Beowolf rad protector to fit into the lower deflector, no heat issues resulted. I'm also running the BMW Sport Grips, Muzzy 4 into 1, Sargent Seat + backrest. I love this bike more each day.

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

john

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious -- what is the radiator protector doing for you in that position? Is it reducing the engine operating temp or reducing the heat reaching you, the rider?

Swingman Sends

The Spiegler website only shows the riser kits to 2005. It would be great if they had a kit for the Gen II bikes. This would eleminate alot of headaches in that you could mount up a set of 7/8ths bars for those who want pullbacks or flater bars that would widen the current stock width. The bars available for this type of setup are endless and should have been made available along time ago. PM. <><

I'm curious -- what is the radiator protector doing for you in that position? Is it reducing the engine operating temp or reducing the heat reaching you, the rider?
Swingman Sends
Swingman, I was unable to get the rad protector to fit as neat as it should have so, I cut it up, opened the chin and installed it there. As far as heat, I have also taken a different route, I removed all of the redirecting foam from inside the fairing. "Let it Out" was my approach. The tank gets warm but not uncomfortable, less then before. When it's hot like on our trip out west this summer where it hit 110, I simply turn my legs to the outside, that and chaps help.

The Spiegler setup normally comes with the LSL aluminium coated blue handlebar, I just changed this for the European model as it maintains a narrower hand position, 28.5 inches, the LSL is 30.5 I believe. More comfortable for me.

The UK group have a similar setup and it may fit the later models but I'm not sure and I preferred the Spiegler solution. It is a very professional setup. 4 bolts hold the brushed aluminum plate and an additional 4 for the risers. I've attached a link to the UK parts page for your info.

https://www.fjclub.co.uk/fudge/fjr/page12_handlebar.pdf

john

I'm not understanding. In your picture, you have the radiator protector under the radiator in that triangular area you cut out? Are we talking about the same thing? I was wondering what the point was of that cut out under the radiator? Does it cool the engine better? Excuse my slowness -- I'm not usually this retarded.

Swingman Sends

Cutting too large a hole will flow air but away from the radiator and from reading this can cause a heat problem. The version I cut filled with the grill does move more air across the exhaust and bottom of the engine but also ensures enough is deflected into the radiator. Works fine for me on our 6,000 mile trip this summer.

john

Muzzy 4 into 1, Sargent Seat + backrest. I love this bike more each day.
[john

Muzzymuzzymuzzy, does the 4 into 1 require a new header as well, and where did you get it?

TIA,

Todd
Yes, the Muzzy 4 into 1 requires a new header, bought the set from Mike at University Motors in Fargo. Their service is excellent and I have never been gouged by them for shipping. The Muzzy also allowed me to keep the O2 sensor and the Barbarian mod +7. The bike runs excellent, two up, averaged 43mpg on our 6000 mile run to the west coast this summer.

john