Split Personalities

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyblue

Reaction score
The FJR had its fueling warnig light flashing when I checked it the night of 1/1/07. So, I decidied to opt for my 6 year old Buell S3 for my work commute. Temps have been around 28 degrees each morning. I had a real awakening as to why I've put off selling the Buell (my original plan when I bought the FJR), it makes me feel like a hooligan. I think I'll just have to hang onto it for those nasty moods.

How do your rides make you feel?

What part of who your are is revealed by your bikes?

What additions to your garage would you make to complete the "personality picture"?

When I ride the Vstar, I ride way less aggressive. I tend to follow speed limits much more. I also don't mind being stuck behind someone and hardley ever pass. I am an old man on the Vstar.

But put me on the FJR or when I ride my brother's 600rr I ride totally different. I will pass if someone is going too slow for me, I will take turns aggressively, I do tend to speed more... I do feel more like a hooligan as well, but that's probably because I am!

I do drag the floorboards on the Vstar though, so I guess my turning doesn't adjust for cruiser riding as much as it could.

Sounds like I should sell the FJR!!! :angry2:

Nah... I love it too much :yahoo:

I think I would like something that does offroad just to have the option. I don't think I would want any other street bikes at this point. I am really really happy with the FJR for touring and more spirited riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR is definitely altering. Without the feej, I am just an ugly bastard. With the feej, I am a fast ugly bastard.

That was no gutter, I'll have you know. That was a well-preserved collection of frozen pine straws.

gak, damit, arg, Where's that damn "flippin' off TWN" smiley?

I absolutely, categorically, cannot ride modern 600cc sport bikes. Nothing with "Ninja" on it. When I get on a modern 600 it 'speaks' directly to a part of my brain that is better left alone -- I'm soon doing 90~100 down the main street! I just love approaching red-line and up-shifting -- and then, amazingly, finding myself right in the meat of the power-band again.

Take it away....please. :dribble: :blink:

TWN said; colonfuckcolon
??????
This has turned a little
doggystyleanim.gif
gay.

Last edited by a moderator: