** SPOILER ** AMA Racing at Fontana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really, REALLY bummed about Tommy. :( And those injury descriptions sound almost season-ending..... a broken tibia can be serious business. :huh: Figues it would be the shifting ankle that is all busted up.

While that's a total drag, there is some happy news: my boy Ben Bostrom took the win in Supersport over a really strong Jake Zemke. Good to see Ben on top the box again! B)

p15.jpg

Young prodigy Josh Herrin took third:

p16.jpg

Wow. It was apparently a folding brake lever that caused Cardenas to crash, taking out Tommy -- the kind that fold up so they won't break off in a crash. Cardenas said he reached for the front brake and there was no lever. He tried to slow down using his rear brake and lost it when he hit the grass. The lever was on the bike when it was returned to the pits, but the stop that is supposed to keep it from flipping up accidentally was broken. That's a weird failure.

The story is on speedtv.com.

Wow. It was apparently a folding brake lever that caused Cardenas to crash, taking out Tommy -- the kind that fold up so they won't break off in a crash. Cardenas said he reached for the front brake and there was no lever. He tried to slow down using his rear brake and lost it when he hit the grass. The lever was on the bike when it was returned to the pits, but the stop that is supposed to keep it from flipping up accidentally was broken. That's a weird failure.
The story is on speedtv.com.
It really sucks that something seemingly so simple could end the season for both of these riders. While I'm not a huge fan of Cardenas I hate to see anyone get hurt (and he's not bad out there, really). But seeing Tommy lose out on what was shaping up to be a GREAT start in Superbike due to something like this is tough...real shitty situation.

Not to mention that Roger is at home healing, too. Total bummer. Earl and Rose's place is gonna look like a convalescent home for the next few weeks.