***SPOILER*** German GP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
Whoa! Good race!

Rossi wins! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bad wreck with k.r.jr. and Tamada

Hayden third over that dirty Pedrosa in the last little bit of strait. Melandri 2nd.

Watch the re-run, good solid race throughout.

Great Race!JR loosing the front and taking out Tamada sucked!
I agree, Hayden is still holding on to first place over Rossi, but only by 26 points if memory serves me correct. Can't wait until next weekend to see them battle in person at Laguna Seca!

Great Race!

JR loosing the front and taking out Tamada sucked!
I agree, Hayden is still holding on to first place over Rossi, but only by 26 points if memory serves me correct. Can't wait until next weekend to see them battle in person at Laguna Seca!
It will be good next week at Laguna for sure. I can't wait!

Was a fun race to watch. If Nicky wins the championship, which I truly hope he does, I don't know that he'll get the respect he deserves. Rossi seems to take the 'whatever it takes' route a lot. Most of the times it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's a clean pass, sometimes someone ends up in the dirt. It's a level of agression that we come to expect out of Rossi, but, Nicky hasn't really shown that side yet. He's in the motorcycle equivalent of a prevent defense. If Nicky wins Laguna, and I hope he does, he better stay out of harms way and, preferably, from way way way out in front. Dani was very close to taking him out yesterday in the latter stage of the race. As the year winds down with more ont he line, the next pass like that might not be as clean.

What a great finish, looked like it was going to be 4 wide at the line.

I'm sure the Repsol boss is going to have a few words for Nicky & Dani, "No more tire marks on your teamates leathers" kind a talk. Hope Nicky can win at Laguna & hold on for the championship, but Rossi has all the momentum. I'd just like to see that type of racing continue until the end of the season. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rossi was like 12 on the grid. Very few riders can come forward that way. Roberts brought his GP 500 to a race at Sears Point againts the TZ750. He threw a chain in the heat race. He had to start at the back. Reg Pridmore said 'Everyone is riding as hard as they can and Kenny comes weaving by grinding on the cases'. Kenny was leading in 2 laps. He spent most of the race on his back tire waving to the fans. Valentino is special in the same sort of way. :dribble: Rossi has to be more motivated to do well at Laguna this year. TJ

Roberts Jr was caught off guard by Nicki's outside to inside line. KR Jr almost hit Nicki's rear wheel. It's just to bad it happend.

Hayden was great the way he was sliding his bike sideways in left turns, while maintaining momentum enough to keep Pedrosa behind him. I hope he ends up winning the championship, but I fear with big fears now that Rossi is on a mission again.

@Randy - Aggression out of Rossi???? That's not what I call it at all. He's got the 'eye of the tiger', when he wants to win, he goes balls to the wall to do so. We've seen him start way back in the pack so many times, and crawl forward, sometimes for a win.

I think his bad start this year, and Hayden proving to be more consistent is giving him the challenge he needs to bring back his competative edge.

I think the whole Hayden/Pedrosa thing was interesting. If you listen to their interviews, they are hardly teammates. I know this is a loose concept in motogp to begin with, but they clearly could care less about eachother, no respect at all.

Laguna Seca will be the best race this year, just my prediction.

@Randy - Aggression out of Rossi???? That's not what I call it at all. He's got the 'eye of the tiger', when he wants to win, he goes balls to the wall to do so. We've seen him start way back in the pack so many times, and crawl forward, sometimes for a win.
Not sure if you were agreeing with me, but, I think we're saying the same thing.

:dntknw:

Now that Rossi seems to have his frame issues sorted out, he's on the march. Which usually means troubles for his competitors.

Laguna promises to be different this year. Last year's bumpy surface freaked out the Euros, who are used to billiard table racetracks. But now Laguna has been repaved. New surface, new game. Nicky's previous advantage of "knowing the track's quirks" will be much reduced.

I'll be rooting for him anyway. :D

@Randy - sounds like I was agreeing with you. Got hung up on the word aggression. He is a competitor, through and through, and has the skill to back it up.

Wasn't it funny how he apologized to his M1 on TV?