SPOT Tracker Alternative?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Buy has the Silver Sport 2 on sale for $99....

https://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9511012
That's great to know, Brian, thanks. I never did replace my lost one, so this looks like the deal for me.

There was a great post on ADV Rider a while back about a rider that lost his SPOT while riding the Dalton Hwy in Alaska:

Anyone headed to Prudhoe Bay Soon? I need some assistance

Check out posts #1 and #43 in particular.
That's a great story. Mine wasn't "on" when I lost it, unfortunately, plus I guess it was found by a less honest person, since he could have traced by the device itself, since they're registered. But regarding the lost Spot in that link--I wondered how it got so far from the road if he lost it off his bike? Hope he cleaned it well--could have passed through some grizzly bear's digestive system. :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a great post on ADV Rider a while back about a rider that lost his SPOT while riding the Dalton Hwy in Alaska:

Anyone headed to Prudhoe Bay Soon? I need some assistance

Check out posts #1 and #43 in particular.
That's a great story. Mine wasn't "on" when I lost it, unfortunately, plus I guess it was found by a less honest person, since he could have traced by the device itself, since they're registered. But regarding the lost Spot in that link--I wondered how it got so far from the road if he lost it off his bike? Hope he cleaned it well--could have passed through some grizzly bear's digestive system. :dribble:
The working theory is that it took a good bounce off the moving bike and landed on the far side of the ditch. When I rode that section a few years back I remember that the road is built up fairly high from the surrounding landscape. That being the case the SPOT would have taken a fairly good tumble off the bike and then down off the side of the road.

By the way, don't mention about the girl in the bikini to BeemerDon. You know how excited he gets and it's not good for an old man like that to get all agitated.

Last edited by a moderator: