Spotted in Draper

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not me but I wondered if it might be you I saw up near Snow Basin on Saturday. An '06 pulled over on Rt.266 takin' in the views. I was due back in Salt Lake or I'd have pulled over.

There are some wonderful roads around here.

I used to live in Draper but not anymore so it wasn't me. I sure do miss all of the great roads in Utah. Here in North Texas you have to ride 50 miles just to get to a road with a curve in it.

I have not gone much above the snow basin area. Good thought though. I like the road to Mirror Lake, The Alpine Loop is nice for an easy cruise. Then of course there is always "East Canyon.

Except for the short riding season, Utah has some great Roads. Anyone ever ridden out of Torry, Utah (HEY, IDEA FOR A MEET IN 07, anyone?) To Bryce and all?

cdogman, I live in Cedar City and have been over the Torrey road and around the "loop" to Boulder and back to Bryce Canyon a lot. I ride a Bonneville now but want to get a FJR this spring. (want to see what the colors are) Any suggestions on a Dealer up that way that will deal? Jack

Naw, No dealers here. I actually got mine by driving 350 miles in my Goldwing with Pillion calling out Yamaha Dealers. Went from SLC (no FJR) to Brigham (no FJR) to Logan (No FJR0 To Preston Idaho (No Fjr) and on the way back, in Centerville, Yamaha Sign on the side of the road, Pillion calls it and I get off. My new 06AE sitting on the showroom floor. Took Wing home and came back and took "Lil Bitch" home that day too (of course she did not have a name yet, then)

I can tell you that I had an AE lined up in Vegas (I went to the Bikefest on my wing a few weeks ago) and the dealer in Vegas was pretty cool. If I lived in Cedar City I would not do Business in SLC given the option. You mention wanting an FJR to these guys and they go off on you like you first need to pray to the Yammi gods before discussing the bike at all.

I did "Most" of the loop this year outa Panguitch on my Goldwing. This year coming I plan on doing not just the loop but the entire route (colorado and all) in addition to that.

Lets keep in touch and see how many riders we can muster for a Torrey gig next year (if you are interested)

Think Vegas for a Feeejeeer if I was you. If you are gonna do business up hear I would choose "Full Throttle Motorsports" In centerville only because they had my bike waiting for me (I could hear her cry my name as I drove by)