Squids on the Dragon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry and apologize to all sensible riders out there, but that looks like phooking FUN!
To me, this looks like great hooligan fun. Sign me up!
The neatest pocket bike video I've ever seen was one of Valentino Rossi as a small child ON A TRACK, racing against his peers. It was the finest form of foreshadowing. :wizard:

Pocket bikes are probably among the items that the MSF Instructors would label Squishables... sort of like a very large armadillo in the road. :shok: :vava:

I still think its arrogant, inconsiderate, stupid and irresponsible to pretend that US129 is one's personal private race track, but if you're going to pretend that it is, I'd rather see you screaming through there on a pocket bike than on a Gold Wing with chase vehicle. At least when your fun runs out, you're not as likely to take some innocent person's fun along with yours. :rip_1:

FWIW, pocket bike racing could probably be set up at any go-kart track as a private session, unless there were insurance issues that couldn't be resolved. Its a way that you can have :crazy: crazy pocket bike fun :crazy: without running the pocket bike on public roads without registration or insurance.

I still think its arrogant, inconsiderate, stupid and irresponsible to pretend that US129 is one's personal private race track....
Please keep in mind that video was shot in '96 or '97 when Daryl lived in middle TN, and killboy photography hadn't even been started yet. There was NO WHERE near the current level of traffic on the dragon.

I still think its arrogant, inconsiderate, stupid and irresponsible to pretend that US129 is one's personal private race track....
Please keep in mind that video was shot in '96 or '97 when Daryl lived in middle TN, and killboy photography hadn't even been started yet. There was NO WHERE near the current level of traffic on the dragon.
Killboy whines about how Tennessee picks on him because they say that the video is part of what attracts people to use US129 as a race track. He says he's just there documenting stuff, and that he makes it safer by cleaning up the corners and such.

In physics, when you study the behavior of a particle, you learn that the observation of the particle can actually affect the particle's behavior. I think this idea extends to human behavior too. No one is going to take their top off as they go around a corner, for example, if there's not someone in the woods that they think they're flashing. Now while this may be a positive affect of observation, there are also negative affects. Like trying to be the coolest soot in the corner... as measured by lean angle, sparks, goggled dog, etc.

I dunno.... Deal's Gap was ruined by people who were not as smart as the average fisherman. They found a good fishing hole, and then instead of keeping it to themselves, they advertised it to the world and tried to make money off of it. Its no wonder its evolved to what it is today. I miss 1995.