Staintune time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
After waiting for what seems like forever (actually, it was 8 days), the Staintunes cans I bought from Skooter G arrived in the mail. When I heard the words, "Your package arrived today," I just about jumped out of my skin. What really surprised me was that they arrived in their original package. Oh well...

IMG_0298.jpg

Skooter, you did a great job packing them up. The arrived without a scratch.

IMG_0299.jpg

Off with the stockers and on with the Staintunes. I don't know just HOW used they are, but they dead sure look like new. The reflections are a little deceptive, these cans are in perfect condition. Can you see it in the picture here, that though my stockers were in perfect condition, the Staintunes are a good deal more shiny? The difference is striking.

IMG_0303.jpg

Here you can see the difference in shape and appearance.

IMG_0302.jpg

Once I got em both on, I fired it up. Oddly enough, the Staintunes aren't any louder than my stockers. Keep in mind, I did the stage one trooper mod which made the stockers a little louder. On the trooper mod, I cut the ends with the 1 1/2 inch hole saw, but did not "dremmel out" (and remove) the tips - my stockers were louder, but not quite as loud as the full-fledged trooper mod. Anyway, I popped out the baffles (takes about 2 minutes) and took it for a ride. Now she's got some real snarl. Out on the highway, it sounds really sweet above 6k rpms. One thing's for sure, the Staintunes are really well made and they fit perfectly.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

8 days?!?!?! How disappointing! I mean to think I paid the guy at the post office an extra $10 to slow that package down. I wanted that anticipation to build waaay up there. :lol:

Glad you are happy with the Staintunes Gary. Feel free to send me an additional $100 if you feel so inclined! ;)

They do look sweet on there, and I know they sound good. I am missing them already. In their place I have an older pair of Holeshots with more than a few dents in them. :( Not as nice as the Staintues, but they fit well and are a bit more appropriate on my 98k mile 'not so nice anymore' FJR. ;)

After waiting for what seems like forever (actually, it was 8 days), the Staintunes cans I bought from Skooter G arrived in the mail. When I heard the words, "Your package arrived today," I just about jumped out of my skin. What really surprised me was that they arrived in their original package. Oh well...

IMG_0298.jpg

Skooter, you did a great job packing them up. The arrived without a scratch.

IMG_0299.jpg

Off with the stockers and on with the Staintunes. I don't know just HOW used they are, but they dead sure look like new. The reflections are a little deceptive, these cans are in perfect condition. Can you see it in the picture here, that though my stockers were in perfect condition, the Staintunes are a good deal more shiny? The difference is striking.

IMG_0303.jpg

Here you can see the difference in shape and appearance.

IMG_0302.jpg

Once I got em both on, I fired it up. Oddly enough, the Staintunes aren't any louder than my stockers. Keep in mind, I did the stage one trooper mod which made the stockers a little louder. On the trooper mod, I cut the ends with the 1 1/2 inch hole saw, but did not "dremmel out" (and remove) the tips - my stockers were louder, but not quite as loud as the full-fledged trooper mod. Anyway, I popped out the baffles (takes about 2 minutes) and took it for a ride. Now she's got some real snarl. Out on the highway, it sounds really sweet above 6k rpms. One thing's for sure, the Staintunes are really well made and they fit perfectly.

Gary

darksider #44
Congrats Gary!!

Looking forward to hearing/seeing them this Saturday when we ride to Leesburg.

Dave

Ha!!

I was just showing Frank, the plant manager here at the school, my Veskimo CLICKY. I brought it in today to show the kids in my class as we were doing some online study of cooling vests as a practical reading project. Yesterday they were reading about it and today they'll be wearing it. Anyway, we got talking about bikes (he was a Harley man... sold it because he got bored with it... duhhh - wonder why)?? I asked if he'd ever heard of the forum. I took him online, and of course had to show him my Staintunes, and he told me that he's been thinking about getting an FJR. AND... he seems to like the car tire concept as well. HMMMM, do we have another convert gentlemen?

Gary

darksider #44

NICE! Just rub some more salt in my wound Gary! Jeeze Scooter if I would have known it only would have taken another $100 to slow things down I would have given ya $150 to re-route the parcel to Nova Scotia!lol

you might find your gas mileage goes down some because you spend more time twisting the throttle just so you can hear the new cans sing to you.

At least I did with my Leo Vince cans installed.

But, there is no shortage of gasoline so if that happens, just buy some more!!

Couldn't ride the FJR today, too much on the plate, but I'll watch those rpms, thanks. And Steve0, listen dude, there's a lot of great deals out there, just be patient (I know, easy for me to say). Maybe another brand will suffice? I know the Staintunes are hard to find and even harder to afford. Seen anything else around for sale, or that ya might be interested in? We gotta see ya get into SOMETHING...

Hey, here's an idea: maybe Skooter can pitch in with me and we can ship you a jumbo box of Kleenex (there I go again, I'm awful today).

OK, all kidding aside, have you considered perhaps another brand that you could be just as happy with? I know they come up for sale OFTEN on the forum.

Best of luck to ya Steve.

Gary

darksider #44

Gary, any chance of you posting a sound bite of your Staintunes in action? A cursory ewe-toob search doesn't seem to have any feejers with those cans, and I'm seriously considering a set for my bike.

I'm also looking at the much less expensive Blue Flames, but I prefer the clean look of the Staintunes :)

Also I wonder how the build quality compares...