Starcom advance Drama

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRONAMISSION

Flying at the speed of smell ;))
Reaction score
Okay boys and girls......... and odot ( separate life form)......

Starcom installed ... helmet speakers and mic installed (fullface). speakers adjusted great! I can hear

everyone as loud as I want.

I speak into the mic... it's like talking through a pillow!!........ I already moved and re-moved the mic and even separated it

from the velcro and positioned it in front of my mouth.... my son said he could hear me yellin into it from the garage better

then on the phone??????

=No other accessories connected.

=Installed the unit with a rider with the same unit install

=Phone is a Sony Ericsson Walkman

B.

Okay boys and girls......... and odot ( separate life form)......
Starcom installed ... helmet speakers and mic installed (fullface). speakers adjusted great! I can hear

everyone as loud as I want.

I speak into the mic... it's like talking through a pillow!!........ I already moved and re-moved the mic and even separated it

from the velcro and positioned it in front of my mouth.... my son said he could hear me yellin into it from the garage better

then on the phone??????

=No other accessories connected.

=Installed the unit with a rider with the same unit install

=Phone is a Sony Ericsson Walkman

B.
Have you adjusted the Starcom Mic gain? If not, try about 40% for headset 1; 25% for headset 2, if you ride with a passenger.

It's one of the rotating knobs on the Starcom unit. I believe they're labled Mic 1 and Mic 2.

Too much gain (especially the passenger mic) will cause elevated feeback. Too little, and the Mic won't pick up your voice.

The 40% and 25% levels are best for me, but needs to be customized, based on rider height, etc.

It's one of the rotating knobs on the Starcom unit. I believe they're labled Mic 1 and Mic 2. Too much gain (especially the passenger mic) will cause elevated feeback. Too little, and the Mic won't pick up your voice.

The 40% and 25% levels are best for me, but needs to be customized, based on rider height, etc.
========

Doode

No knobs on my starcom..... I went and looked at my manual... it says Digital... my unit has

pressure sensitive function control surface.

shit............. now what

B.

I'm sure Jeff will get you sorted out. I bet the phone's mike is still active somehow rather than the mike coming from the helmet.

I too have an Advance, but when I first tried to use my cell phone I got myself into into that situation somehow because of the way I had it cabled. After I figured it out people say the can't tell I'm on a motorcycle when I'm talking to them.

I talked with Jeff and even though I didn't buy it from him...... he cowboy'd up and gave me some help!!!

it wasn't helping do to lack of alternate phones to test with..... I then hook'd it up through my NUVI 760 and a

few adjustments... BINGO........

Now on to getting voice call and answer to work!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.

I talked with Jeff and even though I didn't buy it from him...... he cowboy'd up and gave me some help!!!it wasn't helping do to lack of alternate phones to test with..... I then hook'd it up through my NUVI 760 and a

few adjustments... BINGO........

Now on to getting voice call and answer to work!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.
I never was able to get any of the voice commands to work on my Sony Erricson or my new PDA phone, not sure if it supports those functions. I really hate that there is no call answer/volume controls with the bluetooth module, but as others have said, people don't even know that I'm riding when they call.

I have to remember to set the phone to auto-answer when I get on the bike.

David