Starcom B2B/Intercom Volume

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnuckleHead

Freedom isn't free.
Reaction score
So I searched and searched and didnt find anything....

I am running a Starcom Advanced and have been very happy with it. I mostly ride solo so I use the XM/MP3 a lot (via Zumo 550). I recently have started testing the B2B via FRS and the rider/pillion comm with it. What I have found is that the volume on the B2B and intercom is WAY too low. The volume on my music is great...actually, I normally have the volume control at about 30% with earplugs. With the FRS though, I can barely make out what the others are saying just sitting in my driveway with no earplugs and the engine not even running.

Does anyone have any advice? I am thinking about running all new cables, but hell that is in the range of $150 so I would like to be sure before I spent that kind of coin.

Last edited by a moderator:
knucklehead - I going to mess with mine tomorrow. Hudson is coming over too about noon. Come on over if you have the time.

Do you have the StarCom volume knob installed? If not, it's a good addition.

As for the unbalanced volume, try setting the Mic gains to about 40% rider, and 25% passenger, then turn the unit's volume up a bit. You'll probably have to lower the Garmin volume to about 20%.