Starcom headset replacement speakers ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
Well riding home from work & all of a sudden my left speaker went out. So i checked all the wires (cables) for any pinch points & didn`t find any. So i pulled the speaker out & fiddled with the wires & connectors mounted to them & still nothing. Then i pinch the speaker & it started to play again, So for now i have a cut down wire tie pushed thru holes to tighten it up so it will play. Did anyone have this problem & did a replacement, or do i have to replace the whole headset. I know i should have bought an autocom, as the starcom cables seems thin & cheap compaired to the rest. :angry2:

My first headset quit working about 6 months after purchase. Called Jeff @ Bikeeffects where I got it, and a new one was on its way, replaced under warranty. My kinda customer service.

If yours is old, consider cutting the old headphone units out and splicing a pair of decent $25 sony headphones (after removing them from the the Sony plastic headset mount). You'll get better sound. Search on the forum for examples of those who have done this mod.