Starcom1 Advance question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Starcom1 Advance with pp24 headset (has helmet speakers plus a 3.5mm jack for ear buds). When I plug my earbuds into the 3.5mm socket on the headset, the buds get HOT-way too hot to keep wearing. I’ve tried two different sets. One set measures 30ohm and one measures 20ohm impedence. They both heat up the same.

What am I missing? Any ideas any body.

(Jeff @ Bike effects is generously checking in with Starcom, but I’m still curious to see if any one else has run into this.)

I had the same thing happen - have Jeff exchange the cord - he exchanged mine and the problem went away (maybe you got my bad cord)

I had the same thing happen - have Jeff exchange the cord - he exchanged mine and the problem went away (maybe you got my bad cord)
I just upgraded my Starcom to the Starcom advance from bideeffects. But the westone MH-1 earbuds I had seemed to be acting up. Now I have to send them in for repair or purchase another pair of buds.

Westone has recommended the RH1 earbuds. Does anyone have the RH1 and do they do the job; quality iPod listening, radar, rider-to-passenger communication? :help: