stator cover??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter1973

Reaction score
anyone know where I can get a stator cover? I have a few scratches after my drop and it seems like a great idea. I tried bike jonny but he is closed. thanks!

You can get a carbon fiber cover here for ~$230. Or, you can replace the stator cover with a Yamaha OEM part for $60-$70. If you go OEM remember to order a gasket and have some quality automotive RTV on hand for the stator wire's rubber feed-thru.

On a dollars only decision OEM is the only way to go. The carbon fiber cover does offer some protection that could possibly make the difference between walking home or riding home after an unfortunate incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know where I can get a stator cover? I have a few scratches after my drop and it seems like a great idea. I tried bike jonny but he is closed. thanks!
If you find a carbon fiber cover please let me know as I'm looking for one also. The 2006 and up covers are too large since Yamaha grew the alternator about an inch in diameter. Having watched the old mc slide down the highway at 60 mph and have the alternator and engine cases survive due to cb fiber cover makes me want another one to fit the new-to-me mc.

If you find a carbon fiber cover please let me know as I'm looking for one also. The 2006 and up covers are too large since Yamaha grew the alternator about an inch in diameter. Having watched the old mc slide down the highway at 60 mph and have the alternator and engine cases survive due to cb fiber cover makes me want another one to fit the new-to-me mc.

that link has a nice looking unit... small problem for me is that I have an 04 so it wont fit.

Yep, Gary McCoy, [email protected] . I dropped my bike and scratched up the stator cover as well. I bought one from Gary for about $70. Well, worth it and he is very good and has a fast shipping dept.

Rick

Got mine here

Lowest price I could find after some considerable research. I was completely satisfied with the trasnaction too.

The 2006 and up covers are too large since Yamaha grew the alternator about an inch in diameter.

Umm.. noo... The stator cover for the Gen I and Gen II's are the same. Both are part number 3P6-15411-00-00.
Uuuummm, the '03 cover is 5jw-15411-00-00 while the '06 is 3p6-15411-00-00......not the same in my book. The gaskets are: '03 = 5jw-15451-00-00; '06 = 5jw-15451-10-00

Additionally I measured my OD at the far end of the cover against Haulin's '07 and in rough numbers his is an inch larger.

However, thanks for the help.