Stator Guard:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-Voltron

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the black stator guard for this bike?

2009USMotoGPLagunaSeca084.jpg

I think the fairing piece you're referring to is actually marketed as a foot guard or somesuch, and last I checked it was only being sold in European markets and not generally available in the US. I think the concept is that it moves the air away from your feet, and is supposed to be good for comfort in colder climates.

Maybe one of our Canadian (Canadien?) brothers will chime in? The seem to have better access to some of that stuff...

Or you might try a Google search for something like: foot guards site:fjrforum.com ?

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but maybe this will get you pointed in the right direction!

Don

Install guide for Gen I foot guards at FJRTech. The end of the install guide has some interesting observations about function and liabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, those are "Foot Guards". I have them use them in the cold, wet CA winters. I like mine!

The stator cover would be this part from Geelong Carboncraft. I have one I bought from BikeJohnny, from the old Euro FJR website, when my '05 was new. IIRC, BikeJohnny has gone out of business.

I saw a set of those installed on an FJR that attended the SFO 09 Rally in April. I asked him about them and he said he loved them. I don't remember his name

but go to: Forum>FJR Meetings>SFO. Click on SFO 09 Dinner & Banquets on FJRchik's Post #1 then chick on the Attendees. Once you see the list of Attendees,

you can put out an A.P.B. to all Attendees. I hope this helps. I wouldn't mind getting a set myself. :rolleyes:

If you go to FJRGOODIES.com and search on Accessories you will see what you are looking for. Not cheep. Good luck let us know how it turns out.

See what happens when you hit submit 3 times and the web site is slow to respond?

See what happens when you hit submit 3 times and the web site is slow to respond?

The ones for the Gen-II are slightly more expensive and are color matched. But they do a REALLY great job of deflecting water away from your feet in the rain, not to mention protecting the tootsies from rocks.

Yamaha's part number for the Gen-I foot shields is 5VS-W0745-05-00 and they can be ordered through Canadian dealers . . . my dealer will sell them to you at a discount (PM me for contact details) and will ship - no taxes when he does this.

Yamaha Canada's web page for the item is: https://yamaha-motor.ca/products/details.ph...;item=3332&

Note that funds are in Canadian (of late more valuable) dollars.

Bramfrank, when I went to Yamaha's site and looked at '09's they gave me the same part number for the black ones. Can I ask how you know they are for Gen 1 and the Gen II's are colour matched? Thanks, Ray.

Bramfrank, when I went to Yamaha's site and looked at '09's they gave me the same part number for the black ones. Can I ask how you know they are for Gen 1 and the Gen II's are colour matched? Thanks, Ray.
If you look carefully, you'll see there are TWO entries for foot shields. The one I linked to was for the Gen-I. For the Gen-II the part number is 5VS-W0745-_ _-00 where the underscores are replaced by your model's color.

Here is a link to them. The photo is in the '06 color that I have on my ride:

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/detail...y&item=2151&

If you look carefully, you'll see there are TWO entries for foot shields. The one I linked to was for the Gen-I. For the Gen-II the part number is 5VS-W0745-_ _-00 where the underscores are replaced by your model's color.

Here is a link to them. The photo is in the '06 color that I have on my ride:

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/detail...y&item=2151&
Thanks, I missed that. They look real nice for extremely expensive plastic. Bummer they don't have Black Cherry. Do they "protect" your feet so much that (a) retain too much heat in the summer, ( B) wonder if they fit behind the Racing905 crash bars. Do you have a side view picture.

They have them in Black Cherry - just put the right color code into the part number.

No heat. No water on my feet when riding in the rain, either.

Side view? You mean face-on, from the front? Or a straight shot from the side. I can do either.

Well, I'm not interested in footguards....already have them.....but I am interested in a stator guard. Since Bike Johnney is not around, does anyone know who made their carbon fiber stator covers? I recently had a wreck and the old stator cover worked very well. However, it's in need of replacement.

jim

Well, I'm not interested in footguards....already have them.....but I am interested in a stator guard. Since Bike Johnney is not around, does anyone know who made their carbon fiber stator covers? I recently had a wreck and the old stator cover worked very well. However, it's in need of replacement.jim
Read post #4.

Er...uhm...clicky on the link thingy. :rolleyes:

They have them in Black Cherry - just put the right color code into the part number.
No heat. No water on my feet when riding in the rain, either.

Side view? You mean face-on, from the front? Or a straight shot from the side. I can do either.

Side shot would be great, maybe an angled shot from the rear and rear shot so I can figure out if they will hit the crash bars..... appreciate it.