• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Steering head bearing socket - taken

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilJet09

Nondescript FJR Hierarchy Displayed
Reaction score
These are all spoken for. Thanks for helping our FJR brothers and sisters by hosting tech days guys!

I debated long and hard on the best way to gift these...ok, maybe I didn't think about it that long.

I saw a post about a guy in the UK selling these on eBay and ordered a few. I figured if you're going to order one all the way from England, why not get three?

photoapr26194532.jpg

photoapr26194522.jpg

These are for torquing the castle nut on top of the steering head bearings. It's much better than using the Yamaha spanner type tool.

Anyway, they came today and they are amazing, very nicely made. I've made a few of these myself from grinding away a standard deep socket, but they don't turn out as pretty as this. Also, I always end up giving my home-made ones away. I saw these and just had to have one...or three.

Since I don't actually NEED three, I'm giving two away to the first two messages I get from someone HOSTING a tech day. Send me your mailing info and I'll send one out as soon as I get a chance.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
PNW crew is hosting a tech day next week and does 2 every year. I would claim on our behalf. Super duper kind of you. PM sent with details.

Both Andy & Ray have one and I have a homemade one so I think the Owosso crowd should leave this open to someone from one of the other tech days who does not have one yet.

Having said that it is a very generous offer you are making and I know the forum members certainly appreciate the offer.

Very nice and thanks for the generous offer.... I better polish up my aluminum one so it looks as perty as those stainless ones.

OK, does the past count? Not hosting one anytime in the near future, but most likely doing another next year.

Using the spanner kinda sux, ya know what I mean? That's actually a pretty slick looking tool. Built perfectly for torqueing (sp?).

Let me see what LAF says. If he isn't planning on hosting a tech day, it's yours.

OK, does the past count? Not hosting one anytime in the near future, but most likely doing another next year.
Using the spanner kinda sux, ya know what I mean? That's actually a pretty slick looking tool. Built perfectly for torqueing (sp?).

I would love to get one if it is still around.
I'd love to send you the remaining one if you're going to host a tech day - that's the catch.
Well I will host a Tech Day if that is what is needed. I need to check mine so could call out for others to do it along with me. I know there are a few guys around Harrisburg PA who have FJR's. I will call out for one on the Forum so you know. I would also pay you for it and shipping no issues. Not looking for something free, and would love to get a few guys together to kick tires and do this maintenance. I know many on the forum do not believe in this particular one But I did mine with 0 miles with a borrowed tool mailed to me. It was not this design but rather the OEM tool and while it worked I think this one is the snizzel. So against all the ones who say not to bother I will bother. 23,000 since the last cant see what a little new grease and torqueing to spec can not be a bad thing.

So yes I will get a tech day set up and even post picks.

Thank you my friend.

All right when I get it I will post up.

I know there a few FJR's around the Harrisburg area, and I would always come to you, especially if this tool may save time and hassle.

Thank you my friend.
All right when I get it I will post up.

I know there a few FJR's around the Harrisburg area, and I would always come to you, especially if this tool may save time and hassle.
Under these circumstances, I don't mind a bit missing out on such an outstanding offer. Beware though LAF. You host one tech day and before you know it, you'll be hosting another....and another....and another. Very enjoyable and rewarding.