Steering head tool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this one delivered today. $35

IMG_20170801_104347.jpg

It's heavy! I haven't confirmed for sure it's compatible with my 2016. I took a leap of faith assuming this one will work on all model years. The grid on a similar product said these tools are compatible all the way up through 2014. That means it should work for my 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say the head shake is still there. I bent my rim last year and had to get a new one. The new one was not bent but it was out of alignment, so it would have a wobble when spinning. Lift the front tire and give it a spin, see what happens. That's how I noticed mine after installing it. A definite head shake when riding. The newest replacement was correctly straight and with up to triple digit speeds, no head shake.

You say the head shake is still there. I bent my rim last year and had to get a new one. The new one was not bent but it was out of alignment, so it would have a wobble when spinning. Lift the front tire and give it a spin, see what happens. That's how I noticed mine after installing it. A definite head shake when riding. The newest replacement was correctly straight and with up to triple digit speeds, no head shake.
So a brand new wheel out of the box from Yamaha was out of alignment?? Wow! I've spun up my new one with the front wheel off the ground and there is no noticeable wobble. At 45+ mph there is no head shake with my hands off the bars. At 45- mph the bars start to shake and progress to the point I have to grab the bars to stop it.